Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You still have to be able to check your tanks even with an inline analyzer.
I'll have to disagree, if the gas is being monitored before it is banked or sent to the tank there's really no need.

I have this one Maxtec 02+ Analyzer , Piranha Dive Shop | with the BC adapter. Makes for quick testing.

If you're ever on a liveaboard or anywhere that has a bunch of people using one tester, bringing your own will make you happy. I brought mine on the liveaboard and it was nice not to have to wait for the analyzer.

Reactions: tc
TC:
I'll have to disagree, if the gas is being monitored before it is banked or sent to the tank there's really no need.
You go with that. I'm not going to. Especially when as the OP says it has been sitting for months. I monitor input into and output out of my compressor and then I analyze when I mark them. If I don't dive them right away I analyze again.

You go with that. I'm not going to. Especially when as the OP says it has been sitting for months. I monitor input into and output out of my compressor and then I analyze when I mark them. If I don't dive them right away I analyze again.
You do multiple analysis for carbon monoxide?
I would love to hear how carbon monoxide can increase in a sealed tank, please share how that is possible.

TC:
I would love to hear how carbon monoxide can increase in a sealed tank, please share how that is possible.
Sorry. Thought we were talking about O2. I only monitor CO while filling.

TC:
Add a few inches of seawater into the tank, fill with air and wait. The tank does need to be carbon steel.

Any suggestions?

OxyCheq - OxyCheq Expedition-X O2 Analyzer

With the Expedition-X you use an external sensor that connects with a 3.5mm cable. That’s a Pelican 1200 case. I’ve had it for a long time. Now I think they come with some kind of case but back then they didn’t.
image.jpg

Working clockwise from the analyzer, you can see my DIN adapter, diverted tee, sensor with a delrin cap for storage, 3.5mm cable, and pressure checker.

TC:
Need is a fickle term. Safety is too. But for me and quite literally every diver I dive with, the ONLY safe approach to mixed gas is to conduct a personal test. Trust but verify, it is my life in question here. But that's me.

TC:
You really have never heard of rust?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom