Welcome to my Q and A for Manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rred,

Thanks for looking me up. Once we became pure mail order, I decided to move to Overland Park, KS.

I have modified my Dad's machinery, methods, and materials to produce a much more exact lens fit with thinner lenses. All of my work is guaranteed for life.

The range of prescriptions I can produce are from -20.00 to +8.00 with up to -8.00 diopters of astigmatism.

My only limitation is if the dive mask is too shallow to fit a high power eyeglass prescription.

Is the bonding still "forever"? That's a pretty good thing, just problematic if you can't get new glass for the mask when the rx changes. Solved by putting aside new glass while it is still in production.

Rred,

I can remove the lenses with my methods and custom made tools; but the time and labor involved make it more economical to just make the old dive mask a backup and get a new mask.

Rred,

Regarding AFAIK. When you can purchase a single vision sphere prescription dive mask for less than $50.00 complete with shipping from Hong Kong on EBay; most divers are not my customer. I specialize in the prescriptions or custom made lenses that can not be mass produced.

Reactions: mdb
Considering how many hours in how many shops so many of us spent to find a mask that fits really well? Eh, no, mail order masks (which may not be designed for European faces) and random off-the-shelf mask replacements are going to be more expensive than sticking with the one that fits.

So at least some of us will be patronizing you pros, and not saving up plaid stamps (remember those?!) for new masks.

I have had reader lens added and updated by Gregory. It was very a simple process as described above and Gregory did EXACTLY what I wanted. I like being able to have very small readers which are just enough to view my computer and compass but not take too much real estate to see my surroundings. I strongly recommend Leonard Maggiore Opticians.

Back
Top Bottom