Help to Identify This Mystery Restaurant and Bar!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband was cleaning out a lot of old papers and files and he came across a snapshot of a restaurant and bar that we must have taken on vacation but we don't remember where it was.

Both of us first thought of Mexico, maybe Cozumel, but then I noticed that anything you can read is only in English, like "Upstairs by the B.B.Q. Grill" so that made us think of the Bahamas, or Jamaica, or Roatan. You can partially see a menu propped up on a table and it has a yellow image on the front (sun? lemon? glass of beer?) on it.

Anyone on Scubaboard recognize this place?

Most of our dive trips have been done in Florida, the Bahamas, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.

We are just curious, but I think that we must have been having a good time!

MysteryBar002.jpg

The original Carlos and Charlie's, when it was North of the square, about half way to Pizza Rolandi?

The original Carlos and Charlie's, when it was North of the square, about half way to Pizza Rolandi?

Our first thought was of Cozumel and Carlos n Charlie's, you may be correct!

The places I stumble in to don't have seat cushions or matching chairs, nor fire extinguishers.

If it was C&C, where are the t-shirts for sale and the herd of drunk kids? Maybe it was the 4:30 senior searing special? Looks like all the hep cats were standing outside next door.

What country has yellow fire extinguishers? There's your answer. A little technical and tough to discover, but I've never seen yellow, at least not in the fourth world (doubting it's a Class D, but I'll encourage the fire nerds to postulate from there).

Last edited:
The places I stumble in to don't have seat cushions or matching chairs, nor fire extinguishers.

If it was C&C, where are the t-shirts for sale and the herd of drunk kids? Maybe it was the 4:30 senior searing special? Looks like all the hep cats were standing outside next door.

What country has yellow fire extinguishers? There's your answer. A little technical and tough to discover, but I've never seen yellow, at least not in the fourth world (doubting it's a Class D, but I'll encourage the fire nerds to postulate from there).

That's an excellent point, I didn't consider the yellow fire extinguisher!

Above the fire ext to the left it looks like a Texas scuba flag of some sort. When i zoom it gets to pixelated to really see well.

Our first thought was of Cozumel and Carlos n Charlie's, you may be correct!

This is way in the back of the old place. I remember they had a basketball court surrounded by chain link fence (you can see a basketball in the air in the middle of the picture). They also had those tall multi-color painted wooden chairs.

It reminded me of foxy's bar in the virgin islands, when looking for pictures and it is not, but virgin islands?

Looks like any bar once I've had my tequila quota :)

Try Google planet AI....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom