This is awesome!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Isn't this the truth!!! I think we all need one of these!! :)
Awesome Scuba Diving Shirt
Awesome-Scuba-Diving-Shirt-jkxd.jpg

First post being a commercial ad :poke:

Isn't this the truth!!! I think we all need one of these!! :)
Awesome Scuba Diving ShirtView attachment 440993

Forgive me if I'm misreading the thought process behind this tee, but it seems awfully anthropocentric to me...
Sharks were in the oceans LOOONG before humans were just a glimmer in some *primate's eye, and-WITH some HELP from us-will be there for a lot longer! We should be fighting to SAVE sharks instead of (as usual for humans) trying to kill off one of the top predators in an ecosystem.

*Although humans ARE primates, the connotation is "monkey" for most people; plus it just seemed to flow better.

Please don't.

As divers, this is NOT the message we want to be aligning with.

Our message should be about the conservation of this environment not about the conquering of it.

akmcc: VERY well stated!!
Forgive my stupidity, but would you explain the "Please don't?" FWIW-I'm not thinking straight as I've was up all night.

^^^^^
"Please don't" - advertise and produce products with that type of message/mindset.

I concur wholeheartedly!

I really don't get the attitude that despite the EXTREMELY LOW (~.0000000000757%') chance that a diver will be killed by a shark, some divers/people think that we need to kill sharks! Heck, more people are killed by deer (& let's not mention dogs) every year!

According one study by University ~118 (estimated because not all are confirmed. The number could actually be LOWER!) people are ATTACKED by sharks WORLDWIDE.

>1/3 of the attacks are PROVOKED attacks...in other words, the person did something that "encouraged" the attack.

~4 people are killed by sharks every year.

How many sharks are killed by humans every year?

Estimates range up to 273,000,000...over 1/4 of a BILLION!

So, who needs protection from whom?!?

That t-shirt SHOULD (for divers who want to kill sharks) read:

Stupid
Cads
Underwater
Behaving
Atrociously

Just MY opinion...plus a few facts!

Fixed it for you-
Awesome-Scuba-Diving-Shirt-jkxd.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back