Considering Palau Aggressor ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering a trip on Palau Aggressor II in August and had some questions for people who have been on this boat.

I am considering flying China Airlines from US W. coast. The airlines scheduled departure from Koror is on Saturday at 7:00 pm. They do not have a flight on Sunday.

My question is: Does the boat come back to Koror by Saturday afternoon in time to catch the flight or am I taking a big risk in missing the flight?

I contacted Aggressor but they are non-committal about the time the boat docks on Saturday.

it docks by 1 or 2 pm iirc. you would miss the last two dives saturday morning. you should be able to make the flight if you plan ahead.

The next option is a 4:00 am flight on Sunday morning.
That allows us some safety margin plus we can do Saturday morning dives.

Do the boat provide transportation at night (I guess we will have to leave around 1 am?)

neco marine handles the late night transfers for 20 bucks a person. the iro wreck they do saturday morning is somewhat deep, 80 to 90ft on the deck, 120ft in the cargo hold, so 18 hours no fly would be pushing it a bit after a full liveaboard week, but it is your call. i stuck to freediving outside chandelier cave since it is pretty shallow and skipped the wreck to make the 1:45 am united flight on sunday morning and have a full 24 out of the water.

I'm on my way home after an awesome week diving off the Palau Aggressor II. Absolutely amazing trip.

Boat docks in the afternoon on Saturday - they aim to shuttle people off in the afternoon in a couple of skiffs, and there's a "cocktail party" thing around 6pm. They start replenishing the boat and doing logistical things on Saturday afternoon. You would be fine to catch the 7pm flight, but I'd do the 4am one.

The dives on Saturday morning depend on the conditions... one poster mentioned the Iro wreck on Saturday... we did that as our second dive of the week, on Monday morning. We did Chandelier Caves and Ulong Channel on Saturday... it's hard to know exactly what the schedule will be as it will depend on the conditions, weather, etc.

Back
Top Bottom