HELP with an Oceanic Veo 100 Nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratjn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got the battery replaced on my Oceanic dive computer and thought I should turn it on before diving on Saturday. The DC turns on, cycles through its diagnostics and stops with a fairly prominent EEP display. This EEP appears on the top large display. It flashes 5 times and shuts off.

The manual is long gone, I downloaded a manual and cannot find any reference to EEP.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I will keep googling but if someone has the answer I would appreciate some guidance.

Jim

Last edited:
I just got the battery replaced on my Oceanic dive computer and thought I should turn it on before diving on Saturday. The DC turns on, cycles through its diagnostics and stops with a fairly prominent EEP display. This EEP appears on the top large display. It flashes 5 times and shuts off.

The manual is long gone, I downloaded a manual and cannot find any reference to EEP.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I will keep googling but if someone has the answer I would appreciate some guidance.

Jim

UPDATE - I reset the battery and all is fixed. Now all I need to do is get the case closed again.

I couldn’t find anything in my Geo 2 manual, but the i300 manual (same manufacturer) states;

! WARNING: At a minimum, annually check the altitude reading on the ALT 2 screen (p. 18, 59) and Pre- Dive Planner (p. 58) for accuracy. If your i300 is ever out of calibration (incorrect elevation reading, incor- rect No Deco Dive Times in the planner, or showing a depth reading at the surface) or displays an error code message (EEP, ALT, CAL, ERR, CSM, A-D), it must be serviced at the factory before use.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I had a VEO 250 that kept flashing ALT. Happened once in the middle of a dive and I tried changing the battery out. Didn't help. Then it kept getting worse and eventually if it made it through a dive it would not let me do a second dive because it went into the ALT mode and shut off. Very frustrating because I really liked the computer and was very easy to get around on. Mine would cycle through just like you are saying and do the countdown with all the numbers then ALT flashed and it shut off.

I simply took the battery out and re-installed - error code went away. If only the rest of life was this simle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom