Where are Scubapro Jet Fins made?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 pair of Jets, purchased in the US and made in the US.
Last year I ordered a pair for my Wife. I ordered them from the US, they are made in Taiwan.

I have 2 pair of Jets, purchased in the US and made in the US.
Last year I ordered a pair for my Wife. I ordered them from the US, they are made in Taiwan.

EX Scuba in Kanda, Tokyo, got a big shipment of US made Jets last year, but I think they must have sold out pretty quickly as they are no longer on their site.

The original US made SCUBA Pro Jet fins were produced in the SCUBA Pro molding facility in Compton, California under the direction of the late Karl Kaiser.

When SCUBA Pro was sold to JWC and moved to the cold country Karl decided to remain in California, and established a company called IDI, which continued to manufacture a Jet Fin.

He and his wife Shirley ran the company for a few years until his untimely death. At that time the company was turned over to number one son who proceeded to destroy the company in a few short years.

SDM

I have black jet fins that were made in the USA, and white Jet fins made in Taiwan.

I am seeing in my ScubaPro Dealer's Order form that Jets w/Spring Heel Straps (Black, Yellow, White, Pink, Red, Green, and Camo) are made in Taiwan. I asked my Distributor and he said that quality is still there just manufacturing site has changed.

BTW...

I dive with "older" Jets made the the U.S. A.

But I am seeing wear now around one of the foot pockets. :(

I recently noticed I had a broken Jet Fin.
IMG_2776.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom