Why you gotta love Canada...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaDan:
(On P.E.T.) Oh, he had vision all right - his policy of multi-culturism has done more to erase any semblance of a national, collective identity than just about any other mis-guided political folly has been able to do.

America the "melting pot" - strong national identity...

Canada the "Mosaic" - no National identity...

Thanks P.E.T.!

Best to you all,
D.S.D.

D.S.D.

Right on man.

Thank GOD my children will not be so stupid as to think ANY politician that had the power to effect REAL change, actually did.

Under Pierre's reign, the Lib's almost single handedly gave us almost 2/3rds of our current national debt. Just so you don't think I'm only Liberal bashing, I must say that the PC party gave us the rest, with the only difference that the Libs were in power longer. I guess his successor, from Shawinigate came by it honestly.

Thank you Mr "T", who never met a social feel good program that he couldn't resist overspending on. Of course it was your money, and no-one is accountable when spending your money. We appreciate it. It's your single biggest success, and will evidently outlive us all. Congrats, you have gained immortality in this regard.

But hey, we will always have Destinct Society.......which wouldn't get you a cup of water in Nunavut.

Politicians help me....pleeze. Sharpen your snorkel and fall on it first. :banghead:

Mike from Canmore gets my vote, followed closely by the man drowning in Scotch - Farley Mowat. [I can say that, I know a couple of his relatives :)] Plus I've read almost every book he's ever written. :cheers:

A fair percentage are not even bloody Canadian... Issac Brock... Laura Secord... Tecumseh... William Edmond Logan... et al. And then we have: William Shatner, Louis Riel... oh boy... and wait for it Renee Levesque. What a laugh.

Can't we adopt a few... let's go for Ted Kennedy, Nicolo Machiavelli, Pope Sixtus II, Sengzhao

I can't believe no one here has brought up any of the great Canadian's who are involved in our sport or related to it.

Dr. Joseph MacInnis

As the first Canadian to dive down to the Titanic shipwreck, Joseph MacInnis is a medical doctor and noted deep-sea explorer. Consultant to the Titanic Discovery Team, Dr. MacInnis was co-leader of the most daring deep diving expedition ever conducted - to film Titanica in IMAX and in 3-D. The premiere showing of the IMAX film provided inspiration for James Cameron's blockbuster, Titanic.

The first man to dive under the North Pole, Joseph MacInnis also led the team that discovered the world's northernmost shipwreck, the HMS Breadalbane, under the ice in Canada's Northwest Passage. A member of the team that raised the bell from the Edmund Fitzgerald, Joe is currently working on a new project, which will look at the history of human interaction with the oceans, examining the exploration, disruption and restoration of the world's water bodies.

His work has earned him a number of distinctions, including three honorary doctorates, the Queen's Anniversary Medal, the Admiral's Medal and his country's highest honor, the Order of Canada.

Dr. Phil Nuytten

He is widely regarded as one of the pioneers of the modern commercial diving industry and a significant force in the creation of new technology.If you want to know more ask deepsea dan he used to work for him...
or
http://www.nuytco.com/history.html

Plus there are other bright lights who may not be on the list but have accomplished a lot, like Dr. Dave Swatski and a metric tonne of other great divers who laid the fundementals for both sport and technical diving in this country and inspired me when I entered the sport. (I certainly miss those days at underwater canada when I went to those film shows and met these amazing people.) Thanks to all of you :)

I have to say the Canadian's I'm most proud of are the ones who finally made some interesting Canadian Television

"The Trailer Park Boys"

I need a drink, Julian...

Please dont get me started on P.E.T ,what he did to Canada's military was criminal. On a positive note what about Joe who??? lol

How about Brian Mulroney??

Sorry......please disregard......I forgot......He is American.

And please, no-one nominate his spawn.

jbm

jbm:
How about Brian Mulroney??

Sorry......please disregard......I forgot......He is American.

And please, no-one nominate his spawn.

jbm

Oooh iiiikkk....he had offspring? Actually, I think Mulroney was good for Canada. He gave the people they biggest laugh they've ever had in 1993 (it still makes me chuckle when I think about it) and his legacy is an enduring distrust, maybe even borderline hatred of federal government that well serve us well for generations.....

To be perfectly honest I have no idea how any politicians got on the list. It seems to me that Canada has done well despite them.

R..

procyon:
Who do you think hosts Canadian Idol? And I don't even watch it...

I've been away for too long. I never did watch much TV and I haven't seen a Canadian TV program for over 10 years.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom