Aldora March 2018 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnscuber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dove four morning 2-tank trips with Aldora. The boats were quick and we went to some cool sites - Palancar Caves, Columbia Deep, Maracaibo. The 120cf steel tanks were a little bigger and heavier, but not crazy. I was eventually able to wear zero lead with a 3/2 full wetsuit. The 3/2 was a little cold for me and my beanie wasn't much help. If I did it again, I'd like to try a good 3mm plus regular hood if needed.

The dive times were about 70 minutes. In the water there were four or five divers plus DM. The DMs were patient, knowledgeable and professional. After the dives, boat coats were available. The hour-long surface interval at the beach is nice just to socialize and relax. The massive coral formations were the highlight for me. There were a couple encounters with active nurse sharks. Overall, a great time diving.

Some pictures from the dives are included (stock Canon S90, no strobe).

Sounds like a good time! I don't see your photos or a link to them. What were the minimum water temp.s running? Where did you stay, and what did you think of it?

Richard.

Water temperature of 78.8 degrees F is what my computer reported.

I think I got the "media embed" working now for the photos.

I stayed at the Sabor with a large group of non divers. The food was decent, but there were a lot of complaints about the rooms being in disrepair.

enjoyed your pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip

Did they pick you up at your hotel?

Did they require you to come up as a group, or could you stay down when others needed to start going up?

Yes, they picked up at the hotel - super efficient.
Yes, we ascended as a group with the dive master.

Water temperature of 78.8 degrees F is what my computer reported.

I think I got the "media embed" working now for the photos.

I stayed at the Sabor with a large group of non divers. The food was decent, but there were a lot of complaints about the rooms being in disrepair.

When we stayed at Sabor, we had our sink leak the first day- when we looked at it, it was missing a section of pipe under the sink and just duct tape. They fixed it by adding more duct tape. Still; the place was cheap. We've since changed to staying in town. Way better food, still cheap.

Great pictures, btw.

Back
Top Bottom