venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there tomorrow morning as well... My earlier plans for the weekend didn't pan out, and I won't be staying over down there, so I'll be driving down early in the morning, and then diving and then going home afterwards. I will be meeting another SB member on the way down as well, so plan on seeing another couple of us as well..

Oh, I dove venice down by the airport a lot. Trust me I know what I'm looking for. So who's all in for Oct. 31st? Just Miller from NC?

I’m still on, but I may be late. I will need to rent a tank. Dose anybody know what time Florida West dive shop open?

Florida West opens at 9:00 am

Am back from today's dives. Drove down, met with Brewone0to on the way.

1st dive, found exactly nothing. B found some type of fossilized tusk, pretty heavy, and a really kewl find.

After the dive, we spoke with a local while we were changing over tanks, and got some information to allow us to get our bearings straight. Second dive, We each came up with a few teeth (no megs), had a good dive. I lost my knife on the second dive. I heard/felt something pop, and I couldn't quite place it. A few minutes later, I reached down, and sure enough, it was gone. I looked around, but there was no finding it in the vis we had. Oh, BTW... Vis was max at 4', but average was 2'. Temp was 80ish, and max depth was 25' for the 1st dive, and 19' for the second. Wind was from N to NE between 5 and 10kts. At least now, I have some bearings, and some landmarks to be able to line up so I can find the rockpiles again.

All in all, a great day. Up at 3am, leave house at 4:30, arrive at beach at 9:30, two dives, way over an hour each, and then a 4.5 hour drive home. I gotta find something closer. Wonder if they've opened the Sebastian beaches yet, so I can finish my dives there... B's a great guy, and I'll dive with him any time. He even towed me into shore on the 2nd dive a little <grin> Thanks man... I was getting a cramp anyway <giggle>

Well, just warning you that vis may not be great for next weekend, it was bad, even for Venice. It would have been nice to be able to see the entire 2'x2' field I was picking from, instead of 4" at a time :)

Ok, so say we try and meet on Alhambra St. at 9:30 then? In the water by 10?

That sounds like a plan. Have never been to this location. I will try to locate all this on Saturday. Going to stop by the dive shop and see if they will let me rent the tanks over night.

Well if there's no one else going we can dive my normal spot instead. It's down by the terrorist flight school, err, Venice airport. :)

Let me know if you want to meet there instead.

I am flying to Bradenton for the weekend and I would like to dive with you folks on Saturday? Is that possible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom