Thimble jelly larvae have arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
And therefore, so have the itchy lumps and bumps I acquired in the past couple of days. Am treating with hydrocortisone cream, allergy meds and something I bought locally called Andantol. They got trapped under my beanie/strap so stings are in my scalp and from ear to ear under my chin/throat. Not sure how they found their way down my back given all the seals on my wetsuit but they did. Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy. I never actually saw thimble jellies in the water but I guess their larvae were there... This is the start of the season...

How long do they stick around?

oh... so sorry for you! Good luck with treating!

Hopefully, they will be gone by June...

Hopefully, they will be gone by June...
Maybe. From what I have read on-line their season is April-June or thereabouts. FWIW, I am wearing a full wetsuit with seals at the neck, wrists and ankles. So the little buggers got in past those things regardless.

Maybe. From what I have read on-line their season is April-June or thereabouts. FWIW, I am wearing a full wetsuit with seals at the neck, wrists and ankles. So the little buggers got in past those things regardless.
I wonder if that actually makes it worse because if they get in, they can't get out and they are trapped up against your skin.

My allergist gave me a selection of steroid creams of different strengths and a strong hydro cortisone cream when he saw how I react to them.

Ah, the dreaded Agua Mala !! The lady that owned the first shop I'd worked for, used to break out horribly from the little bastages, but for some reason, they never bothered me much. Some folks seemed to get zapped pretty bad, and others very little or not at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom