BIG FEET, really big feet - hard sole dive boots? size 17??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pairadocs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wear a size 17 Nike. Wear size 16 soft sole dive boots.

heading to bonaire soon, and trying to find some size 16 or bigger (prefer 17) hard sole dive boots.

The only 2 i can find are virtually identical, and running a little small for 16s. yes, i bought them both in hopes that the cut was different.

I've tried the Henderson 5 mm molded sole dive boot and the Henderson Aqualock dive boot. Interestingly, despite being from the same company, the aqualock ran a little more narrow and shorter.

I've looked pretty well online, but can't seem to find any other options, but admitedly, i'm a new diver, so maybe i'm missing a website or hidden gem.

Anyone that can share some help on HARD SOLE dive boots in size 16 or 17 that aren't from Henderson, please reply or PM me. Thanks.

Wow, I thought I had it bad with 13 4Es. The Chairman's suggestion of Converse is the way to go if you can get them in the proper size. They work great as a substitute for dive boots in warm water.

Pete, I can assure you those of us who are foot sized challenged do in fact need fins. I have tried without as many of my "friends" have suggested that I don't need fins. Alas they were wrong and I continue with XL Jets.

Dive Right In Scuba had some custom stuff made for a friend of mine with bigger feet than that. I'd give them a call and ask Mike or Chris.

@tbone1004

I highly believe in the neoprene socks and Chuck Taylors as the choice to solve your issue.

I'm blessed that even at 6'-7", I ended up with size 12 feet....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom