Add on to Anilao trip in november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StubbornRussian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Planning a trip in November for 16 days. We did a similar length trip last year to Malapascua, Sogod Bay, and Bohol. It was phenomenal. Each spot had its own unique vibe and diving was best we have had. This time want to do Anilao but having a hard time settling on a second spot. PG seems an obvious and logistically easy choice but getting the feeling it’s a little on the dirty party side. We are generally on the hunt for spots more like Malapascua and Sogod Bay. Bohol wasn’t our favorite topside but the diving was great and we had a big bangka to ourselves every day which saved it.

Also open to ideas hopping over to another country for the second half of the trip since Manila is a hub so that type of switch up would be relatively easy. Been to Bali which was pretty cool as well. We favor macro and Pelagics. Love great night dives. Let me know what you think.

If you stay at Big or Small La Laguna as well as at non-Korean managed resorts. You won't know that there is certain seedy side that some people found offended.
I would have suggested Phuket for your 2nd half until I read "great night dive". I am not sure if night dive is being available at all. Could be wrong there.

Red eye flight to Bali and dive with Mola if you haven't done it.

Romblon is a good alternive. I have done it easy overnight travel on a ferry. Great makro stuff. The 3 P. Is a great place

I 2nd Romblon, for macro. Overnight ferry from batangas, 3P resort is nice and there are some really rare critters there such as Melibe Colemani nudibranch.

Planning a trip in November for 16 days. We did a similar length trip last year to Malapascua, Sogod Bay, and Bohol. It was phenomenal. Each spot had its own unique vibe and diving was best we have had. This time want to do Anilao but having a hard time settling on a second spot. PG seems an obvious and logistically easy choice but getting the feeling it’s a little on the dirty party side. We are generally on the hunt for spots more like Malapascua and Sogod Bay. Bohol wasn’t our favorite topside but the diving was great and we had a big bangka to ourselves every day which saved it.

Also open to ideas hopping over to another country for the second half of the trip since Manila is a hub so that type of switch up would be relatively easy. Been to Bali which was pretty cool as well. We favor macro and Pelagics. Love great night dives. Let me know what you think.

a couple of day in PG / Sabang Area is great. Check out Edgewater Dive & Spa Resort - Home for a great quiet, and brand new resort away from all the BS. Instructor Paul is great and their DM Larry has the eyes of an eagle. if you're looking for mac diving, don't miss Montani dive site in PG; not much coral, but you;l get to see some seahorse, and other amazing little critters.

For the second part, check out Apo reef, Lauch from Sablayan. possible to find some short liveabords there for an intense overnight diving adventure. Apo is worlds second largest barrier reef. Additional interesting sites not far from Apo in Coron. lots of wrecks.

enjoy.

chec possible to find some short liveabords there for an intense overnight diving adventure. Apo is worlds second largest barrier reef. Additional interesting sites not far from Apo in Coron. lots of wrecks.
1. Which liveaboard are you talking about?
2. Coron is miles away from Apo Reef.

:cheers:I'm looking into private charters out of Sablayan for a one night, two day dive trip to Apo to maximize the diving in a short period of time.

Coron is just a bit further from Apo than Apo is from Sablayan; both are great destinations if you want to get away from Batangas area.

Anyway, just throwing ideas out there for the original poster; feel free to share your ideas as well....:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom