DGX PUSH Handheld Light Kit - Spot Beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DGX PUSH Handheld Light Kit - Spot Beam

I've heard good things about the DGX 600, but I'm more attracted to this model because I much prefer the push button on/off to the screw on/off.

I'd buy two of them for primary & back-up for recreational night diving - both at the California Channel Islands and tropical destinations. I'd keep one clipped on for peeking into holes and under ledges on day dives as well.

They would be replacing one of those Princeton Tec pistol-style lights that I actually found on a dive after my first Princeton Tec lights was dropped on pavement and broke. My old back up was something so useless I don't even know what it was.

Thoughts? Enough power/brightness to use as a primary?

I've been using their Securitying generic equivalents for a few years now. Work well, definitely enough to use as a primary. I don't like the batteries or chargers that come with them, but you can't beat DGX's return policy. The generic ones are about $35 on amazon without battery or charger. You're in for the same amount of money, but with good Panasonic cells you get longer burn, and the higher end chargers are nice to have

I've been using their Securitying generic equivalents for a few years now. Work well, definitely enough to use as a primary. I don't like the batteries or chargers that come with them, but you can't beat DGX's return policy. The generic ones are about $35 on amazon without battery or charger. You're in for the same amount of money, but with good Panasonic cells you get longer burn, and the higher end chargers are nice to have

@tbone1004 how would you compare the light output and brightness drop between the securitying (dgx) vs the CA explorer light?

Only a single data point, but I had a brand new push button DGX 600 fail on its first dive use, a night dive. The light just turned off and toggling the button only turned it on for an instant before it turned off again. I switched to a backup, so didn't need to call the dive.

DGX 600 was prompt about replacing it and I requested a twist type instead.

Kryssa-
Depending on how precisely you screw down a dive light, you can back it off just enough so it is not turned on, and then the additional squeeze from 4-10' of water pressure will turn your light on for you automatically!
Switches are nice but inevitably, something bumps one while you are in transit and you arrive with a dead battery. Screw-down, not so bad once you get used to it, and finesse how far you've turned it. Keeping the threads clean and using a little fresh silicone grease on them once in a while helps, too.

Back
Top Bottom