New diver cold water reg kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am techy oriented it seems really easy to service your own regs yourself if you follow the manufaturer guide
do you guys discourage servicing is own regulator?
I don't discourage it, I commend you -you can save yourself a small fortune..

While I agree, and I dive the 17/g250v combination, I am not sure it is in his budget (unless a used set can be obtained). I'm seeing around $900 USD at LeisurePro...

That Apeks listed above seems interesting.....

I am not sure how Canadian customs and import duties are but I thought this is a good deal.
Extreme Exposure
Extreme Exposure

like small (but nice) offtopic: there is regulator for EXTREME cold water Divex 960
960mil.jpg

or Divex 970
970%20front%20page.jpg

major difference from others: upstream valve inside 2nd stage :)

i think im gonna go with apeks xl

I would recommend talking to local divers who use that regulator, if possible. The XTX and ATX lines have been around for a while, and there advantages and diadvantages are known. The XL is rather new and in diving, newer is not necessarily significantly better. I would also suggest getting a good octo, either another XL second stage or ATX or XTX 40.

What is the advantage of XL4 over XTX or ATX?
I never trust any new model even if it comes from Apeks!

The design of XL4 is originated from “Flight” and that is enough for me to say NO.
Special tools? That is a JOKE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom