How to - buying used regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And also Technisub Chronos he used as a second one

Attachments

• 6353CA48-35C5-42F7-AA75-8E85DD0FA160.jpeg
    6353CA48-35C5-42F7-AA75-8E85DD0FA160.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 143
  • F7270E82-7108-4DD3-AFE4-63B1CEED5B7B.jpeg
    F7270E82-7108-4DD3-AFE4-63B1CEED5B7B.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 36A07444-7F98-44F3-884E-FB667422483D.jpeg
    36A07444-7F98-44F3-884E-FB667422483D.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 128
All of them looking good, the Technisub practically new since they weren’t really used

My impression is good I could even buy if I bring someone more experienced to check them and then also bring them to a technician for review. This would cost anyway about 70 euro by 2 total 140. Not cheap... today i’ll go and check Scubatec then I will decide

This one brand or two different companies? I know about Techline in Poland but not sure about "Scubatec."

Scubatech from Poland produces Tecline branded equipment, including regulators. Most of that stuff is probably made in Asia, but good stuff anyway.

Scubatec in Italy is an original equipment manufacturer. At least tank valves for many brands are OEM from scubatec. They make regulators too.

Scubatechs Tecline branded regulators might well be made by Scubatec, but but the models shown on Scubatec web pages do not look the same. I haven't figured out whose regulators are made by Scubatec. Certainly some of the major brands buys from them, otherwise it would not make sense to run a regulator production line.

This is the one I would like to buy

Last edited:
I was very impressed by these. Total price about 300 euros performance equivalent to Apeks TXT 100. The retailer is in the town after the factory and this is why the price is so low. I want to buy these I’ll just wait for the feedback of my instructor

It seems in Italy you can buy new Scubatec regulators for the same price of used Apeks. Experienced divers in Italy consider their quality comparable to Apeks. They are less known and less common abroad anyway, and this could be an issue in case you need to search spare parts or maintenance.

Outside of Italy, Scubatec is little used and are difficult to get parts for or to get serviced.

Outside of Italy, Scubatec is little used and are difficult to get parts for or to get serviced.

Unless the guts of that particular regulator are better known with another name. Scubatec does not have a regulator production line primarily to sell with their own name on them.

Yes, I am aware of that but I think I can take the risk. I would check the efficiency of regulators before leaving and if not working properly I would rent. I will check if the regulators are compatible with other products sold abroad. Today I spoke with one of the very few authorized retailers and stupidly I didn’t ask about maintenance abroad. In Italy checking the regulators in his lab is about 60 euros he said (an average price here). Apeks check tends to be more expensive about 70 or 80 euros and also spare parts tend to be more expensive

Back
Top Bottom