UWATEC high pressure hose leaking like a garden soaker hose???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoses dry out or "dry rot". The oils in the hose keep it flexible, and once they're gone they become brittle.
Well unless it actually is older than the rest of the reg that makes me wonder about the other rubber. Unfortunately it could have been stored in a garage in Georgia for several years, I don't know. My regs stay in the air conditioning! I guess I will have to have the first stage and whatever second stage I decide to use for the pony serviced, even though it's "new", replace the hose, and get another shortie hose and SPG or button SPG for it. @The Chairman would you use the R395 or the R395 octo on the pony? I was thinking I could use the other R395 on a necklace on my MK20 but I can skip that and stick with my AIR2. I am trying to save money here! Scubapro is so expensive to service!

@The Chairman would you use the R395 or the R395 octo on the pony? I was thinking I could use the other R395 on a necklace on my MK20 but I can skip that and stick with my AIR2. I am trying to save money here! Scubapro is so expensive to service!
I don't know the ScubaPro regs. I've serviced them, and they aren't all that hard, but I couldn't tell you which one is better. I doubt any of them are "bad", so try them in a pool.

FWIW, heat kills rubber more than anything.

The only difference between the R395 and R395 Octo is the colour of the cover. So use either.

They are both simple, reliable, classic unbalanced downstream demand second stages.

One of the nice things about the R395 is that you can swap the hose entry from RH to LH.

The only difference between the R395 and R395 Octo is the colour of the cover. So use either.

They are both simple, reliable, classic unbalanced downstream demand second stages.

One of the nice things about the R395 is that you can swap the hose entry from RH to LH.
Thanks! From RH to LH hmmmmmm.

Thanks, it's just weird because I think the hose has never been diving.
The hose may be unused, but it is not "new".

Uwatec was bought by Scubapro back in 1997. I am unsure when they stopped using Uwatec branding.

It is best to assume that the reg was not stored in perfect conditions. I assume the LP hoses have aged just as well as the HP.

Time for new hoses all round.

The hose may be unused, but it is not "new".

Uwatec was bought by Scubapro back in 1997. I am unsure when they stopped using Uwatec branding.

It is best to assume that the reg was not stored in perfect conditions. I assume the LP hoses have aged just as well as the HP.

Time for new hoses all round.
OHhhhh, maybe the whole business is older than I thought! Well, that is interesting. Yes it will have to be serviced, and new hoses. That's what I get buying used...

OHhhhh, maybe the whole business is older than I thought! Well, that is interesting. Yes it will have to be serviced, and new hoses. That's what I get buying used...
Not a "used" issue, more a care and storage issue.

I am in the process of swapping out the hoses on my regs. They have been well used and cared for since 1989.

Is your HP hose the quick disconnect type ?
I have switched mine out ( it had one dive) and is now in my gear bag.
Shoot me a PM if your'e interested in this hose.

Is your HP hose the quick disconnect type ?
I have switched mine out ( it had one dive) and is now in my gear bag.
Shoot me a PM if your'e interested in this hose.
Thanks but no it's not. The plan is for a pony setup so that hose is going to be very short soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom