Bag drag home, stay in Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be doing the bag drag for the first time; usually fly into CZM. Our flight home departs CUN at 12:35. It seems best to travel to Cancun and stay there to catch our flight. Comments and hotel suggestions? Thank you!

We usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard by the airport, free shuttle, nice pool and restaurant. Our car rental place will drop us off there after our car return. We are usually coming back from down south, Xcalak or Mahahual & the AC & pool feel very nice!

We did the
LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cancun
It was nice.

The best meal of the trip was at La Dolce Vita in Cancun, Italian food, Who would have guessed.

Last edited:
I'm doing my first bag drag also in July and have a similar CUN departure flight time as Sallygirl. After lots of research on Scubaboard and other sites, I have decided to take the ferry over the same morning as the flight. It seems like 3 hours are needed for the full process, so an early ferry should do it, without being at the crack of dawn. Plus it allows me to stay another day on the island.

Semi-related suggestion to a moderator perhaps: It might be beneficial for a "Bag Drag" stickie with info for those attempting it for the first time. With the rising cost of airfare into CZM, there could be a lot of interest in such a post. Just a thought. :)

For T4, once you pass two ADO ticket booths on the right, with the second being after the sliding glass mural, you have two choices.

Straight ahead to the Friends and Family exit. Or the correct one to the left.

Walk along the covered path to the four lettered concrete sidewalk extensions.

The first one is D. Turn right there and walk to the ADO ticket stand.

For T4, once you pass two ADO ticket booths on the right, with the second being after the sliding glass mural, you have two choices.

Straight ahead to the Friends and Family exit. Or the correct one to the left.

Walk along the covered path to the four lettered concrete sidewalk extensions.

The first one is D. Turn right there and walk to the ADO ticket stand.

Thanks Ron. Question: Why not go to the first ADO booth that one passes? In other words is there an advantage to going to the one at the "D" concrete extension?

Thanks Ron. Question: Why not go to the first ADO booth that one passes? In other words is there an advantage to going to the one at the "D" concrete extension?

You can buy a ticket there but you can't get on the bus there. :p

Back
Top Bottom