AOW Deep Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That depends on the person's insurance coverage and any applicable copays and deductables.

Sweet Mary. It was a generalization. I have no bone left in this discussion.

I'm very curious about this: do you fell something like fear of heights when you are on the top of a tower on the dryland or it's a different feeling?

Off topic (or maybe not): astronauts, during their first walk out in the space can feel either an extreme fear, or get completely lost in the magnificence of the big void and trying to get free in the dark (I'm pretty sure I'd feel the second one)... I found all of this very interesting...
I actually found the reaction to be very similar for me underwater compared to dry land. It is sort of an onset of anxiety increasing the closer I get to the edge.

With sufficent determination and focus I find I can move through that anxiety. I have climbed mountains and gone rappelling, for example. Moving through the fear is part of the thrill. It does not go away, but I guess it recedes? Anyway I know myself well enough to work through it, if need be. Focus answers many difficult things.

It seems as "ending the dive" is interpreted as a ******** call by one commentator. However this was not a panic and bolt or panic and lose control of the dive. Not everyone is careless and has disregard for self preservation. And I'm sure there are some situations where said commentator also experiences overwhelming doom and fear. If not bravo on you for having bull balls and being randy savage. With that said I had felt a doom and started to find my breathing out of rhythm, tried to ascend back up to the flats and control my breathing but it was no use. At that point I realized it was best to just end the dive all together as the appropriate steps to stabilize breathing and stop, breath,think were not working. That's when I thumbed it not just looked over was afraid and bolted.

It seems as "ending the dive" is interpreted as a ******** call by one commentator. However this was not a panic and bolt or panic and lose control of the dive. Not everyone is careless and has disregard for self preservation. And I'm sure there are some situations where said commentator also experiences overwhelming doom and fear. If not bravo on you for having bull balls and being randy savage. With that said I had felt a doom and started to find my breathing out of rhythm, tried to ascend back up to the flats and control my breathing but it was no use. At that point I realized it was best to just end the dive all together as the appropriate steps to stabilize breathing and stop, breath,think were not working. That's when I thumbed it not just looked over was afraid and bolted.
5 pages of support and one negative comment? Generally that means you're doing pretty well.

Changing subject, did you see all of the tuna crabs?

You made the right call. If you would have forced yourself to continue, and an accident occurred, all the current naysayers would be saying the accident was avoidable and would be blaming your lack of experience and lack of proper judgement making.

Back
Top Bottom