Phi Phi/Phuket report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A while back I asked about dive shops on Phi Phi as a I hadn't seen much information on the board about them. I wanted to report back that I decided to dive with Blue View divers. Also, I decided to take the advanced open water course as I was traveling alone and some other factors seemed to make it make sense to do it. I was very pleased with their operation and the class. This was my first time diving outside North America and I wasn't sure what to expect, but Blue View was plenty thorough with the class and safety was always an utmost concern. The equipment they provided was all in good shape. Communication with the staff beforehand was easy and the shop was responsive to my questions. I'm really glad I took the class, as I feel much more confident in my skills. My only regret was that the class was a little more skill intensive than I expected and at the end of the class, I felt like I was missing out on something, having traveled around the world to dive in Thailand. So, I added another day of diving from Phuket with Local Thai Divers. This was a trip to King Cruiser, Shark Point, and Koh Doc Mai. Again, I was very happy with my experience which included breakfast, lunch and snacks on the boat, equipment, and pick up/drop off from the hotel in patong. It was a long day, but totally worth it, in my opinion, as they were some excellent dives and very different from my experiences on this side of the globe. Hope this helps future travelers, and here's a link to my video log- .

Glad you had a good experience. Back in 2001 I spent two weeks on Koh Phi Phi diving and had a great time

I am currently sitting in the Airport (Phuket) after diving in Phi Phi and off Phuket.
Things have changed @drbill
I would assume a great place for new certifications, warm waters and plenty of company. Even in low season not so much solitude, but alas, that why it got popular. It beautifull, UNDER the surface. On the surface and in more common dive sites around Phi Phi are just littered with trash. The should encourage AOW and up to dive with a provided dive bag in and effort to help clean up some of these areas. We did but returned to a tourist dive boat, to see the captain throwing his food scraps into clean, plastic cutlery floating around and none anchore plastic bags blowing away.
It a locals problems and a tourist problem. A lot has changed since my last time there.

A while back I asked about dive shops on Phi Phi as a I hadn't seen much information on the board about them. I wanted to report back that I decided to dive with Blue View divers. Also, I decided to take the advanced open water course as I was traveling alone and some other factors seemed to make it make sense to do it. I was very pleased with their operation and the class. This was my first time diving outside North America and I wasn't sure what to expect, but Blue View was plenty thorough with the class and safety was always an utmost concern. The equipment they provided was all in good shape. Communication with the staff beforehand was easy and the shop was responsive to my questions. I'm really glad I took the class, as I feel much more confident in my skills. My only regret was that the class was a little more skill intensive than I expected and at the end of the class, I felt like I was missing out on something, having traveled around the world to dive in Thailand. So, I added another day of diving from Phuket with Local Thai Divers. This was a trip to King Cruiser, Shark Point, and Koh Doc Mai. Again, I was very happy with my experience which included breakfast, lunch and snacks on the boat, equipment, and pick up/drop off from the hotel in patong. It was a long day, but totally worth it, in my opinion, as they were some excellent dives and very different from my experiences on this side of the globe. Hope this helps future travelers, and here's a link to my video log- .
Congrats on the Cert mate. A great place to learn the finer points. Plus, when i was there , well, am there now, they run it all pretty efficiently. For anton else reading all the dive shops charge the same amount for everything. Courses and dives depending on PADI or SSI branding. They all got together a hike back and removed the price wars. All agreed to charge the same.
Again, well done on your AOW @Antor

Back
Top Bottom