Oceanic VTX on sale LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you happen to be looking for an Oceanic VTX, I've never seen a lower price than the $724 LeisurePro sale price for the computer and transmitter. This is a little over 50% of the list price.

The price is so low that it makes me wonder if Oceanic is going to discontinue this model

Better to purchase a more current model computer.

Oceanic no longer exists. Assets acquired by Huish.

Leisure Pro is dumbing their inventory.

If you happen to be looking for an Oceanic VTX, I've never seen a lower price than the $724 LeisurePro sale price for the computer and transmitter. This is a little over 50% of the list price.

The price is so low that it makes me wonder if Oceanic is going to discontinue this model

I wouldn't read too much into it. I got my Icon at a ridiculously low price from LP. I watched for several weeks and they would list it full price and then half price, full price, half price, over and over as if it were on some kind of sales schedule.

Such low reviews...maybe they’re trying to get rid of lots of inventory.

While Huish did, in fact, buy Oceanic, it does still exist. You may be thinking of Aeris, which Oceanic owned and Huish did away with when they bought the company.

While Huish did, in fact, buy Oceanic, it does still exist. You may be thinking of Aeris, which Oceanic owned and Huish did away with when they bought the company.

American Underwater Products (AUP) discontinued the Aeris brand and folded it into the Oceanic brand in September 2014. Oceanic continued to support Aeris products.

Oceanic and Hollis were purchased from AUP by Huish in May 2017. Huish no longer supports the Aeris brand but fully supports Oceanic.

For sake of completeness, Pelagic Pressure Systems was purchased from AUP by Aqua Lung in May 2015. PPS is the OEM for current Aqua Lung, Oceanic, Sherwood, Genesis, and Tusa computers. PPS used to produce the Aeris computers. The PPS transmitter is used by Shearwater.

The Oceanic VTX, Aqua Lung i750TC, and Aeris A300 CS are essentially the same computer manufactured by PPS and they all use the PPS transmitter. Oceanic and Aeris are dual algorithm (DSAT and PZ+), Aqua Lung runs PZ+ only. All 3 are currently available from LeisurePro, complete with transmitter for, Oceanic $774, Aqua Lung $995, Aeris $945.

My OP is not an endorsement for the VTX, simply pointed out the lowest price I've seen for this computer, in case anyone is considering it. My primary computer is an Oceanic VT3, 8 years old, 1134 dives/1185 hours, I'm certainly getting my money's worth :)

American Underwater Products (AUP) discontinued the Aeris brand and folded it into the Oceanic brand in September 2014. Oceanic continued to support Aeris products.

Oceanic and Hollis were purchased from AUP by Huish in May 2017. Huish no longer supports the Aeris brand but fully supports Oceanic.

For sake of completeness, Pelagic Pressure Systems was purchased from AUP by Aqua Lung in May 2015. PPS is the OEM for current Aqua Lung, Oceanic, Sherwood, Genesis, and Tusa computers. PPS used to produce the Aeris computers. The PPS transmitter is used by Shearwater.

The Oceanic VTX, Aqua Lung i750TC, and Aeris A300 CS are essentially the same computer manufactured by PPS and they all use the PPS transmitter. Oceanic and Aeris are dual algorithm (DSAT and PZ+), Aqua Lung runs PZ+ only. All 3 are currently available from LeisurePro, complete with transmitter for, Oceanic $774, Aqua Lung $995, Aeris $945.

My OP is not an endorsement for the VTX, simply pointed out the lowest price I've seen for this computer, in case anyone is considering it. My primary computer is an Oceanic VT3, 8 years old, 1134 dives/1185 hours, I'm certainly getting my money's worth :)

Very informative and accurate post scubadada.

I recall reading a lot of complaints with readability of the VTX display getting washed out by ambient light.

Theres been a lot of quality issues with Oceanic. I picked up the OCi last december. I like their dual algorithm. One of the buttons broke setting up right out of the box! It took about 2 months to replace despite it being brand spanking new. Ive read a lot more reviews complaining about oceanic products since Huish picked them up-flooding, hanging, resetting, screen going blank... Another problem is that they have to go back to their head office in the US for replacing/servicing. Not great if you are in Asia.

I think they are great tec but their service is an issue. I'd think twice before picking up one unless you cant live without their algo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom