Differences between XTX 200, 100 and 50 Second stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread to read.

Basically if I read the above correctly and wanted to buy Apeks, I am as well buying an XTX50 unless I want the "better" looking XTX 100 or 200? If the parts are the same, it stands to reason that the function will be the same (or within such a fraction that it would be impossible to tell).

Pretty much yes.

You might want to look more closely at the 1st stages, performance wise they're all very good, all diaphragm and cold water rated.

DS4 has a single HP port and no flexibility on hose routing.
DST has 2 HP ports and swivel turret for better hose routing.
XTX 100 & 200 both have 2 HP ports, no swivel turret but hose routing is better than DS4.

@Neilwood yeah basically. IMO anyone who buys anything other than a DST/XTX50 is wasting money. Some try to justify the 200 with the FSR by saying it has a replaceable HP crown, but that is only an issue if the service tech botches it. If you're DIY servicing then don't get in there with anything metal and it's a non-issue but it is nowhere near justified with the price they charge for it.

Satin for the XTX 100 (AP6577FS) versus Chrome for the XTX 200/50 (AP6577F). Identical part otherwise.
Yeah, I meant functionally, they are the same and can be interchanged.
Interesting thread to read.

Basically if I read the above correctly and wanted to buy Apeks, I am as well buying an XTX50 unless I want the "better" looking XTX 100 or 200? If the parts are the same, it stands to reason that the function will be the same (or within such a fraction that it would be impossible to tell).
Yep.
@Neilwood yeah basically. IMO anyone who buys anything other than a DST/XTX50 is wasting money. Some try to justify the 200 with the FSR by saying it has a replaceable HP crown, but that is only an issue if the service tech botches it. If you're DIY servicing then don't get in there with anything metal and it's a non-issue but it is nowhere near justified with the price they charge for it.
And even if you do, DST body costs 35€ to replace( at least for me, it costs that much, no idea about USA prices).

Doesn’t the hog swivel use the same parts kit as the DST? Their second stages aren’t as solid but a hog swivel and a xtx50 might be an even cheaper option

Back
Top Bottom