Dive Ops near Excellence Playa Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TASCPA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be north of Cancun for wife's work week. Looking for some current Cancun dive op recommendations with a focus on ocean dives, not the cenotes. Making the trek to Cozumel or south of Cancun isn't in the cards. Just too far time wise from the group events in the afternoons.

Thanks much,
Todd

Working on plans for Dec from Secrets, just north of Excellence, myself. You will be close to ferry to Isla Mujeres, a couple shops out there that do the ocean dives. Several wrecks in area to dive also. From what I've seen its a pretty cool area. I'll be following thread and see what others have to say.
Enjoy!

If you are staying at Excellence they have an operator that will pick you up at the resort and drop you off (at least they did in 2013 when I stayed there). I do not remember the name, sorry.

If you are staying at Excellence they have an operator that will pick you up at the resort and drop you off (at least they did in 2013 when I stayed there). I do not remember the name, sorry.

Still an option, although not super reliable since they are doing snorkelers at the same time. So, any rough seas at all and they canceled for the day.

Working on plans for Dec from Secrets, just north of Excellence, myself. You will be close to ferry to Isla Mujeres, a couple shops out there that do the ocean dives. Several wrecks in area to dive also. From what I've seen its a pretty cool area. I'll be following thread and see what others have to say.
Enjoy!

We stayed at that Secrets once when it was brand new. Was nice.

Contacted 3 dive ops: Scorpio, Alvaro at Always Diving and Solo Buceo. We were on a short lead time, so went with the first reply. All of the shops replied within 24 hours.

Used Scorpio Divers. Pretty much a little hole in the wall with a shared hut out of the Sotavento hotel. Whole group was friendly. Alfredo was our DM and he was perfectly fine and friendly. In our two days of diving it was always 4 divers on the boat. Boat was old but in good shape, plenty of shade and the motors looked new. There were never any problems with the boat or crew. We used our own gear, but the rental equipment used by others looked to be new and in excellent shape.

We dove the local reef, no more than a 20 minute boat ride once out of the harbor. Saw other boats, but never other divers. Location was limited by us because we did not have the time to get to Cozumel or other sites further south.

Our first drift dives. Man, the O2 goes fast if you get caught out and have to fight the current at all!

Tons of fish, mostly hiding below the edges.

Check us out at Manta Divers Cancun, Texas family owned offering American VIP service. We are in the middle of the hotel zone, we can arrange pickups anywhere with safe taxis and very reasonable prices. We have 2 trips a day at our local reefs, we do cenotes and Cozumel, come say howdy !
Have fun in Cancun !

I realise that I'm necro posting here but if anybody in the future is looking for a dive operation in Playa Mujeres, Cthulhu Divers is located at the Punta Sam Ferry Terminal which is next to the entrance to Playa Mujeres. You won't find a store closer to your hotel and I'm sure you'll be very, very happy with the level of service you'll receive.

cthulhudivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom