Marico Oog Video - South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fires

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys,

This is probably in the wrong part of the forum, but someone posted a lekker video in the tec trip reports, and as this one is not tec related, I searched high and low and couldn't find anywhere to post it...except videography which isn't really right either. Have I missed a rec trip reports section? So feel free to move it mods.

ANYWAYS! Thought of showing off the cool video I made (personally, for a dive shop, so not trying to market the shop here, but more the video, as I take it shop marketing might be frowned upon??) of our trip to Marico Oog earlier this year. Us inland folk start drifting to other locations if we can't get to the beach soon enough, and this is a TINY little inland freshwater spring/pond/thing where we dive :) Crystal clear waters, freshwater lilies, reeds, and a max depth of around 12m in the big pond:

If anyone ever comes to South Africa, feel free to ask me about all the awesome coastal sites as well as inland. We can always hook up for some diving :D:yeahbaby:

We usually put stuff like this in the regional forums which is where I just moved it to :wink:

Haha thanks bud :) I had thought of that place, but wasn't 100% sure :D
That’s why they pay us the big bucks.

Bliksem. That is is the middle of nowhere! Nice spot though.

Never been to South Africa - at this junction of life will probably never travel there.

I became aware of South Africa in grad school - via several of my SA friends

Then I saw the movie "Zulu" not once but several times - What a great movie !

Then I purchased the book "Washing of the Spears " which I still have in my library

Then I subscribed to a SA pictorial magazine

But in all the world traveling - never to South Africa

Your well made almost professional delightful movie make me now ask
Why didn't we visit South Africa ?

Keep up the great work and keep on posting your movies

They are appreciated

Sam Miller, 111

Back
Top Bottom