Hi Everyone, new here. Introduction and some newbie questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went through 16 masks before no. 17 was it.

I might hold the SB mask record.

Welcome I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant beginning hopefully it gets sorted out did you pay for your course by credit card by chance

For the first shop and the try dive. I paid cash, it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but without previous experience, I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe these kind of issues are common with rental gear?

For the second shop that I signed up to do the course with, I didn't use a credit card either. But it's not a huge amount of cash as only the deposit has been paid so far and I have no problem walking away from that amount.

So for the money spent, it doesn't bother me very much. As I said before, I want to like this hobby and won't give up on it just yet. Maybe someone has a recommendation for a good SSI dive shop not to far from Bangkok?

Welcome to SB where you can spend your surface intervals with fun and joy.

Is there a particular reason you need an SSI shop?

Not any real good reson, by brother is with SSI. SSI was the closest center to my home (wich was the main reason i choose them to begin with), and after a long long time that shop finally got me access to the online theory so I already finished the SSI theory part.

So no real good reson I couldn't switch to bsac, padi or other organisation at this time.

Välkommen i dykningens underbara värld.

När jag tog mitt SSI OW cert tecknade jag mig på eftermiddagen och fick tillgång till onlinekursen innan jag lämnade butiken.

Det verkar som om du har möjlighet att ta en vecka hemifrån, om så är fallet kan jag rekomendera en tripp till Koh Tao och Pearl diving, ett seriöst dykcenter med mycket trevlig personal, Jens som driver Pearl är Dansk, men trevlig ändå. ;-) Gillar du sedan OW upplevelsen kan du gå direkt på AA kursen, det rekomenderar jag starkt. Dykningen är betydligt bättre kring Koh Tao än kring BKK, och det är stor skilnad i pris.

Jag hoppas att din erfarenhet i framtiden kommer att bli bättre, Jag önskar jag kunde göra som du och flytta till Thailand för att dyka mycket mer.

M.V.H Magnus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom