Dive related Audio books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I finished scuba confidential last night. I like a lot of the authors views on the world. I suppose I'll follow up with scuba professional.

Thanks for the thread/suggestions. I have a VERY small commute to work each day so audio books are not really an option for me but it just so happens I am headed to the gulf coast in a couple of hours for some diving so I will have the ability to take advantage of this.

Scuba Confidential and Scuba Professional are superb books. They are very well done.

I really enjoyed The Last Dive by Bernie Chowdhury. I encourage all my students to read/listen to it as it really does a good job of describing how little mistakes quickly turn into big problems, but it also is just a really interesting story.

Dark Descent is also a fantastic road trip book. Not too long, but a good listen. Also makes a good drinking game... each time you hear the words explosion hole ... take a drink. :)

Deep Decent was very recently released on Audiobook. It’s a great book that pairs with The Last Dive well. It has some of the same stories but from a different perspective.

Where is everyone finding these audio books? Audible.com? Amazon?
Try your public library. Most library systems have online websites that allow you get Audiobooks from a service called Overdrive for free. I get about 60% of all my books this way, the rest from Audible.

I am reading and listening to the book: "Deep Shadow, Caribbean Dive Adventure Vol 1" and so far have a positive impression of it. Its is fiction of course and has a story line based in Bonaire. Being someone who loves Bonaire, I am finding the book both entertaining and interesting. Its NOT all diving related but alot of it revolves with diving as the background.

@Doppler Any thoughts on having your books available on audio? I'd pay to download them from Audible for sure, as I'm sure many others would too:)

@Doppler Any thoughts on having your books available on audio? I'd pay to download them from Audible for sure, as I'm sure many others would too:)

Working on the details of getting the latest book (Death in Number Two Shaft) recorded as an audiobook. Will keep the list posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom