Going to Lima...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I'm going to Lima, Peru in June and was doing some research. I heard that there's interesting dives there-- Palomino Island and a kelp forest to explore. Anyone have any recommendations? Do it? Skip it? Any shops you'd recommend in the area?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm going to Lima, Peru in June and was doing some research. I heard that there's interesting dives there-- Palomino Island and a kelp forest to explore. Anyone have any recommendations? Do it? Skip it? Any shops you'd recommend in the area?

Thanks!
Please tell what you find. I have looked out at the ocean there and wondered if there was diving available.

55-65 degree water temp, very limited viz, a lot of pinnipeds. No coral reef structure. In season, lots of fishes chasing the current, I don't know which time of year.

If your limited profile history is accurate, I would not recommend it. It will never, in future dives, be the highlight of your log book.

I would not recommend it. It will never, in future dives, be the highlight of your log book
I agree it won't be the highlight of your log book, but it's still something you should check out. There are dolphins and sea lions and some pretty cool Dives. If you are there just go for it.

I used perudivers. Phone number, +51 997 205 500 it wasnt the best dive I've been on but not the worst. Good luck.

Not every dive can be the highlight of my logbook. But it looks like it could be fun. And I have a 7/8mm wetsuit already.

this is my thinking. if you are going be there anyway, just go diving. have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom