Help me purchase my primary cavern diving light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m really sold on the lights that have a choice between wide and narrow beam.

Well... this model SOLA has a spot beam of 1200 lumen, a wide beam of 2500 lumen. It, however, is in no way suitable for advancing to caving since it's run time is 50 minutes on high. Not even sure it's long enough for cavern, but I don't know how long your dive will be. Oh and also the battery isn't user replaceable (has to be charged via an AC outlet). That all being said, my wife has the less bright 1200 version and it's a great light.

I think i see mostly northern light :) in front

40w LED Super Spot LH, E/O | Northern Light Scuba and version with dimmer ( red buttons )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok nice video light but $$$ BB

PS IMO ; I would never buy SOLA ! (my pure technical view with poor design construction special - thermal )

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom