Local Rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Streydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do dive shops offer discounts for locals? I know many of the bars around town have a local rate, I was just curious if dive shops did as well.

There are a few shops offering "local" rates for frequent divers who live on the island. From shop to shop this seems to be anything from a token discount to substantial savings.

Enjoy the conversation,
Cameron

Do dive shops offer discounts for locals? I know many of the bars around town have a local rate, I was just curious if dive shops did as well.
Maybe so, but so what?

Not sure if this helps, but on Grand Cayman where I live part of the year, many of the shops offer resident discounts - some publicized but most not. The discounts vary from shop to shop as does their definition of "local" or "resident." Your best bet is just to email a bunch of them and ask if they offer a discount, and what supporting documentation they need to show residency. Also, many will offer good off-the-books discounts or the resident rate if you plan to be around for a few weeks or months and will be doing frequent diving with them.

And for what it's worth, getting a 50-70% discount on diving is icing on the cake, beyond getting to stay a long time at a sweet location. Although $2.50 a tank is a pretty sweet deal, as well.

Now I have to look into bar discounts. :cheers: Never heard of that one.

Out of curiousity, if I moved to Cozumel and owned my own tanks, how much would Meridiano charge for fills? Nitrox fills? I understand that I couldn’t dive without a DM within the Marine Park, but assume I could do shore dives outside the Marine Park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom