Airplane tickets - When to Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#4....

I have not been but of those choices and for that price (I would be planning my trip report :) )

I’m going to start another thread as there are several itineraries in the Red Sea and I don’t know which one is right for us. :D

I hear the diving in the Red Sea is amazing. We looked into it last year, but airfares were steep. One thing to consider, it is chilly and the seas can get during the winter months. Canadians are a tough crowd, I unfortunately am not a fan of cold water diving.

I hear the diving in the Red Sea is amazing. We looked into it last year, but airfares were steep. One thing to consider, it is chilly and the seas can get during the winter months. Canadians are a tough crowd, I unfortunately am not a fan of cold water diving.

You’re talking to someone who wears a 5mm in 80F waters...LOL. Should I reconsider?

My wife and I just got fed up trying to figure out all the permutations involving dates, times, airlines and cities through which they fly and went to a travel agent. Remember them? The last time I did that was about 10 yr ago going to Frankfurt for a 3 day meeting, then on to Krakow on a different airline for another meeting. I can't remember the second to last time. Anyway, the experience was excellent, especially because it was much much faster than I could of come up with the same itinerary. We will be taking advantage of American's re-entry into the Bonaire market and the fact that AA will be flying there on several different days per week. In our case, we will be going in mid-January and returning in late February. It turns out that the weekend we expected to return is the primary ending date of public school winter vacations in the US and flight costs are about $300-$1000 more per ticket, all because of the return date. Our solution is to cut a few days off our stay and return to Miami (through which the AA flights travel) on the Wednesday before our desired Saturday return. We lose a few days, but gain the ability to stay in our condo unit pretty much all the departure day (the return flight leaves BON after 5 PM). We have reserved an inexpensive hotel room near MIA and will do the final leg back to BOS in a leisurely fashion instead of arriving there fatigued after midnight with still a 2 hr drive ahead. So, add about $75 to the cost of each ticket, but subtract about $400 for returning on a Wednesday. Bottom line: check out midweek flights. Of course, none of this does away with the flying-through-MIA problem.

I have been checking flights on Delta to try to sneak in a trip in late winter early spring. I figured I would get a little extra use out of my Stinapa token. The prices went from high to astronomical. No matter what iteration I put in they come back at just under $2,400 for economy. $2,400! I bought our tickets for the holiday trip this past march and they were still expensive at half of that but I figured what the heck, it's the holidays.

I said screw it and grabbed the last slot on my dive shop trip to Fiji for two weeks in March. Never been there, can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom