Best online Reg servicing company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirTech does great work! I sent them my Poseidon set and it was a good thing. They were second hand (at least) to me, and there were mandatory manufacturer's parts replacement needed.

I do all my other regs...

YMMV

I gave them a call and they quoted me about $750 for 5 of them.....you were spot on... sounds like this is a fair price for what it is worth.... let me know if you think differently.

I found a certified regulator technician on Ebay, bought a few regs from him, got a few regs serviced.

He charges about $40 per regulator for routine service, including replacing the soft parts and tuning to factory specs, although he'll tune it otherwise if you ask him to.

You paid $750 for 5 regulator sets which I'll assume includes 3 regulators in each set, so that.s 750/15= $50 per reg, a bit more expensive but close.

$40 to service a reg including parts kits is a steal. I've never seen rates that low. Just the parts kit for a Scubapro Mk17 can be as high as $40.

Last edited:
I've seen a "rule of thumb" of $25/stage + parts, and that was years ago, and this is not a year round diving destination. I know a few very reputable guys here on SB who do it charging hourly rate, and are a touch higher, but still within reason....

YMMV

Last edited:
I'm looking for the best place to send my regs to get serviced, I have about 10 regs(with both 1st and 2nd stage) that need a deep cleaning and servicing. I have done it before in the past but unfortunately I haven't used them in year and haven't serviced them in 2 years(I know, I'm behind the ball)! thanks for the advice!!
If I were you, I'd try to support my local state.....if it was tenable....

Last edited:
Octopus Gardens dive show in Port Townsend Washington is amazing. Servicing regs is one of their main focuses and they are good at what they do. Any question I had was explained as in depth as I wanted along with showing me as well. Now I live in Florida and still have them service my Regs. I'm very experienced mechanically but I will not service my own regs. Unless you're in the industry and can have someone work with you to make sure everything's done right, it's not worth my life to take the risk. Just like anything, there's always little tricks or things that happen an experienced person will know about, I don't want to learn those things when my life is on the line. I know of people who rebuilt their own regs for a while and had no problems until a failure happened in the cave and they didn't make it out.

I know of people who rebuilt their own regs for a while and had no problems until a failure happened in the cave and they didn't make it out.

Care to elucidate the phantom and mutiple"failures"....or is that secret Lore?

Last edited:
there's always little tricks or things that happen an experienced person will know about,
Any "little tricks" that a reg must have done will be in the service manual. Anything done to a reg not mentioned in the manual or omitted would be against manufacturer service procedures. Can you elaborate on what your friend did to his reg that took his life? Are you saying your friend only had 1 reg in a cave?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom