Bluetooth Operated Tank filler Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also I understand this is not a situation where you want to leave it up to chance thus why I'm on here... I understand the Physics as an EE lol

Doesn't that regulator/valve on the pony have a fill inlet, with a one-way (Schrader-type) valve?

When you say it works without the solenoid, you mean a you have it in the picture?

I mean when there is not a solenoid in the set up it has filled a tank . It might have been a hot fill but I intend to resolve that problem with a flow regulating valve between the output of the solenoid and the input of the empty tank

Is the check valve part of the regulator or a module just prior to the regulator. sounds like the check is in backwards. If so then there is probably nothing in the pony tank. Is the piece with the 3/4" wrench face right at the reg . a check valve? If so is it in backwards. I am going to guess that air will neither fill or vent from the pony. that would be a symptom of opposing check valves.

Ignore i jusrt read the foll ow on comments. cant be a check valve problem if symptoms change when the solonoid is removed.

Reactions: pay
Also contemplating a emergency release valve on the rig to add a new measure of safety

Can someone recommend a flow regulating valve that would be a good fit for filling to reduce the rate such that the hot filling will not be a factor
I seen that 300 psi/min is common

I'm going to remove the valve and replace it on the pony keg to ensure that the one way valve is oriented correctly as mentioned above maybe the limiting factor.

If everything works as expected without the solenoid, then perhaps the problem is the solenoid? Try disconnecting everything downstream of the solenoid and see if can open when there is 3000 psi pressing on it. If just the tiniest amount of gas gets by, it won't fill the tank but a pressure gauge might still see it.

If it is a home-built solenoid, it simply may not function with 200 atmospheres pressing on it.

The valve was outsourced to peter paul so it does satisfy the 250 atm requirement. The check valve on the tank is correct it fills with out the solenoid. There is no leakage when the full tank is opened and the solenoid output is 0 psi. The valve is operating correctly but the problem occurs once the tank is attempted to fill. When the valve is intially opened I think the burst or pressure is causing problem or the flow rate is in-acquitted to fill the tank

Try unscrewing the check-valve from the valve/regulator, so your filler system is just dumping to the room. Open the source-tank valve, then open your solenoid. If there is a small but inadequate flow coming out the check valve, you will know.

Again, if it all works properly without the solenoid, but not with the solenoid, perhaps the problem is the solenoid?
I don't know who peter paul is, so I have no information to convince me the solenoid is working properly at 200+ atm.

ADDED:
Actually, regarding the first paragraph, I'd open the solenoid first, then crack open the source-tank valve. It should be a straight-through high-pressure flow. Then do the same thing without the solenoid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom