Cozumel Mexico and Sudafed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
In the US, you can get Pseudoephedrine products at any pharmacy. You just have to ask a pharmacist for it now (no prescription needed).

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Oregon and Mississippi have state-wide laws in place which require a prescription for all products containing psuedoephedrine. However, there are local laws in place in a number of cities in Missouri and Tennessee.

My wife always asks me to buy a box when I'm traveling outside of Oregon.

:)

Flying to Cozumel and if it's worse than Cancun I don't think I will take the chance. Was there last year and that airport has some sketchy thing going on.

This is the right answer, though we should respect the host's rules whether we use the front door or back.

That’s actually what the US government has to say about it (i.e. USG's advise for Americans in Mexico). Here’s what the Mexican government has to say about it: LEY Federal para el Control de Precursores Químicos, Productos Químicos Esenciales y Máquinas para Elaborar Cápsulas, Tabletas
Interesting that this part,
Artículo 10.- Quienes transporten precursores químicos o productos químicos esenciales por sus propios medios y únicamente para su uso particular, estarán exentos de las obligaciones previstas en los artículos 8 y 9 de esta Ley. El Reglamento determinará cantidades o volúmenes que se consideren de uso particular.
appears to allow people to transport these items for their own use in quantities to be determined by regulations. I wonder what these quantities were determined to be?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Oregon and Mississippi have state-wide laws in place which require a prescription for all products containing psuedoephedrine. However, there are local laws in place in a number of cities in Missouri and Tennessee.

My wife always asks me to buy a box when I'm traveling outside of Oregon.
That's a bummer! Are there any other OTC sinus medications that actually do anything?

Interesting that this part,
Artículo 10.- Quienes transporten precursores químicos o productos químicos esenciales por sus propios medios y únicamente para su uso particular, estarán exentos de las obligaciones previstas en los artículos 8 y 9 de esta Ley. El Reglamento determinará cantidades o volúmenes que se consideren de uso particular.
appears to allow people to transport these items for their own use in quantities to be determined by regulations. I wonder what these quantities were determined to be?

Does that statement come with a list of acceptable products?

Does that statement come with a list of acceptable products?
Pseudoephadrine is listed as a precurser chemical and it is saying that those are allowed for personal transport in quantities to be determined by regulation, if I got it right.

Anybody have an update on this issue?
Has the law been clarified by regulation ?

Back
Top Bottom