Colorado to Marathon ... 2 weeks with our boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a great thread, as I tend to do the same "crazy" things. We tow our Boston Whaler from Denver to Wisconsin each summer. I take an IR gun to take temps of the bearings at each stop and watch tire pressures. Someday, we'll take the boat to the ocean, but for now, just lake Michigan.

Glad you had a great time.

Did I miss what type of boat you have? Where do you normally boat? Dillon?

It is mentioned somewhere on here, but we have a 19' Blue Water Image - basically a power boat for the lake. When we were gassing up at Mary and Bud's a captain of a large dive boat came over to inspect us. In his burly manner with his hands on his hips, after a few moments of looking us up and down, he wiggled his finger in the air, smiled and said this is a cute little setup you got going on here. LOL, we stood out for sure! But you know what, it worked without issue! Maybe needed a chiropractic adjustment afterwards though. Yes, Lake Dillon! Frisco is our Marina.

Thanks T.C.!

Here we are the morning we left ...
full.jpg

You sound like you had a blast. Thanks for the followup to the story. And don't worry about what those charterboat captains say. Us professional mariners look down off of our commercial (and navy) vessels and say the same thing about them.

haha, nice! And we did have a blast!

Is it possible to sticky this thread somewhere for future boat-draggers?

Be warned, a big boat with Colorado plates, will probably be stopped for a sniff or two by local police.
So, did you get stopped by the locals? :)

As well, he addressed the issue of fixing a flat on the side of the road. For others who may read this, we divers often have the equipment to easily inflate a flat in an emergency. All you need is a scuba tank with some pressure, a regulator, and this:

Aqua Tire Inflator

Ha T.C.! Nope, no stops on land or water! Nice little gadget. We left our tanks at home and just rented - too much 'stuff.'

H2ODoc - I will keep an eye out for you, we love to anchor and listen to concerts at the amphitheater - big names this year with the new renovations! And for the record you could totally take that to the keys, frankly I think you would do better than us as you have an outboard and our I/O really screwed us on getting stuck. I saw a lot of Hurricane boats there and the whaler looks similar.

Sounds like a great trip! I have to say that I’m jealous of your trip

You sound like you had a blast. Thanks for the followup to the story. And don't worry about what those charterboat captains say. Us professional mariners look down off of our commercial (and navy) vessels and say the same thing about them.

...and then there are those of us who trade driving an oceangoing tug for driving a single screw six pack dive boat during our off time.... and I still roll my eyes at the other charterboats :rofl3:

Sounds like a great trip! I have to say that I’m jealous of your trip

...and then there are those of us who trade driving an oceangoing tug for driving a single screw six pack dive boat during our off time.... and I still roll my eyes at the other charterboats :rofl3:
And I do the same....

Reactions: Tug
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom