Anybody here been to Mayan Princess??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan is one of the best dive locales for a beginner. I definitely believe you should go. Do all of the dives offered that you're able to dive. You'll be very pleased with your progress at the end of the trip.

West Bay Beach is very beautiful, especially so when the pod people have gone and at sunset!

It's easy to get into West End village for a bit during daylight hours, you can catch a water taxi for a couple of bucks.

There's ziplining nearby, if that interests you.

only thing is, with the Noseeums and sand fleas around there, I think I'd want to have my dive skin and shorty with me. That way, I can minimize the bites, or at least try.

Noseeums & sand flies (fleas) are the same thing. Usually come out early in the morn and evening. Gonna wear your skin all day? Take Deep Woods Off.

I stayed there and dove with them in February of 2017. It is definitely a resort with a dive shop, not a dive resort. That said, the dive shop folks did a great job and busted their butts. When the weather was off they bussed us to the South side and we dove over there. The sand fleas were fierce in the morning, standing in the water helps. I took my drone that trip and made this video that shows the resort, local area and one of the dive boats.

Noseeums & sand flies (fleas) are the same thing. Usually come out early in the morn and evening. Gonna wear your skin all day? Take Deep Woods Off.
If I go, probably not... I would think that long pants would be a good protection as well, but I've heard that they are only at the beach... We'll see... I've still gotta make up my mind.

I stayed there and dove with them in February of 2017. It is definitely a resort with a dive shop, not a dive resort. That said, the dive shop folks did a great job and busted their butts. When the weather was off they bussed us to the South side and we dove over there. The sand fleas were fierce in the morning, standing in the water helps. I took my drone that trip and made this video that shows the resort, local area and one of the dive boats.

Thanks for the vid...

Long pants really don't help with the no-seeums. They are at their worst in the morning and late afternoon, before you would likely want to change.
I find the little buggers like to hang out under docks and decking too.

DEET! Reapply often. Shower before donning wetsuit and before bed. Reapply after removing wetsuit and back on land.

You can thank us later

Ah TracysaCADiver, that's truly a shame. Sorry if we scared you about the noseeums. Sometimes they aren't that bad, truly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom