longtail boat rate/price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With what is happening with one of our members in Malta, a lot of British divers are reading the small print and trying to understand the legal implications of independent diving in other countries; i.e. diving without a guide.
Small print of what?

In Thailand it is easy: no regulations, anybody can by law go diving anywhere.

Reactions: h90
With what is happening with one of our members in Malta, a lot of British divers are reading the small print and trying to understand the legal implications of independent diving in other countries; i.e. diving without a guide.
I doubt there are problems in Thailand. Specially in Nakhon Nowhere where are no really amounts of tourists and everyone knows everyone. As well no dive centers here, so no one will be jealous over loosing some customer.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2015 at 08:49 AM ----------

Small print of what?

In Thailand it is easy: no regulations, anybody can by law go diving anywhere.

Very value information! I thought so, but good to have it confirmed.......

Our Daughter and her family are moving to Nakhon Si Thammarat and I want to dive - hope I don't have to go far!!! So far it looks like it will take longer to get to a Dive Shop from Nakhon, than it did from Bangkok (Pattaya - Mermaids).

Hi DrDaddy,
if you have all your own kit, including air and weights, then there are options, but don't expect crystal clear water and pristine reef. The coast area around NST is shallow, murky, and is mostly used by fishermen, so expect to find the usual nets, tires, lines. etc.
I sometimes visit a place called Koa Plie Dam, as it has a small rocky area about 80m off the beach. Depth to 7m max and vis pretty poor. Very little to see here, but it's handy to test your kit.
You can sometimes see the change in water colour as you fly into NST, a large brown streak in the water along the coast.
The next problem is getting air refills. Closest place is probably One Stop in Ao Nang (Krabi).
There are many dive operators in the Ao Nang area, but I cannot comment on them or the dive sites they visit as I've never dived from that area. However a few of the dive sites I have dived from Phuket, King Cruiser, Enenome reef, shark point.
Personally, I prefer to drive over to Koh Lanta if I have time for a few days of diving. Scubafish is a very reliable dive center over there.
Sadly, some of these more southern dive sites are being overrun with speedboat trips from Phuket area.
Trang is also another handy place for nice dives, but you'll need your own kit and hire a boat. Alternatively, I know Scubafish do day trips to some of these areas, which are usually quieter.

Hi DrDaddy,
if you have all your own kit, including air and weights, then there are options, but don't expect crystal clear water and pristine reef. The coast area around NST is shallow, murky, and is mostly used by fishermen, so expect to find the usual nets, tires, lines. etc.
I sometimes visit a place called Koa Plie Dam, as it has a small rocky area about 80m off the beach. Depth to 7m max and vis pretty poor. Very little to see here, but it's handy to test your kit.
You can sometimes see the change in water colour as you fly into NST, a large brown streak in the water along the coast.
The next problem is getting air refills. Closest place is probably One Stop in Ao Nang (Krabi).
There are many dive operators in the Ao Nang area, but I cannot comment on them or the dive sites they visit as I've never dived from that area. However a few of the dive sites I have dived from Phuket, King Cruiser, Enenome reef, shark point.
Personally, I prefer to drive over to Koh Lanta if I have time for a few days of diving. Scubafish is a very reliable dive center over there.
Sadly, some of these more southern dive sites are being overrun with speedboat trips from Phuket area.
Trang is also another handy place for nice dives, but you'll need your own kit and hire a boat. Alternatively, I know Scubafish do day trips to some of these areas, which are usually quieter.
Refill is no problem I have an compressor, just I am not too often down in the south....But when I am there I am ready to fill someones tanks....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom