First Dive Trip Without Instructor - Need to Rent Gear & Help Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude's trolling. No one who can read and write to get this far into a thread is this clueless.

Our PADI certified instructor who is a GOOD INSTRUCTOR took the entire open water class into a cave on our FIRST DIVE!

Some caves are more dangerous than others!
Sounds like they aren’t a good instructor to me.

Your whole perspective on cave diving, limits, and who is or is not a good instructor is highly suspect.

What you’ve done with other activities in the past is completely irrelevant when it comes to cave diving. If anything it might make your situation worse.

Have you heard of the “incident pit”? You’re already sliding into it.

It was a brief pass through between two open areas in a cenote and I felt perfectly safe the entire time and I’m not throwing my instructor under the bus.

Are you sure it qualified as a cave?

I’m not throwing my instructor under the bus.

By what means could you possibly be construed as "throwing my instructor under the bus" by simply
naming him?..... unless you are starting to have (grave) reservations?

Last edited:
Have a great weekend guys. Thank you for the feedback. I think it’s enough now.

Have a great weekend guys. Thank you for the feedback. I think it’s enough now.

I don't think so, because it's obviously not getting through. You're enthusiastic, but you have zero unsupervised experience, your judgement is pretty questionable, and you're talking about taking intro in a couple months. Listen to the advice you're getting. Best case scenario, you're setting yourself up for failure right now.

It’s getting through. I’m scared shitless to go diving now.

It’s getting through. I’m scared shitless to go diving now.
Scared shitless to go diving in 30' of clear open water is probably not necessary. But it would be prudent to use that clear open water to work on all your drills and gain experience.

Scared shitless to go back in a cavern or cave is likely prudent given your lack of even open water experience.

Work on being a really good open water diver for now. You can strive for cave level skills in open water. Master your buoyancy, propulsion and trim. I would say stay away from doubles, as a way of reenforcing working on your very basics. And stay out of caverns.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom