Mares Icon HD Net Ready Firmware Updates discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goldzila… I know this is will be viewed as a smart ass question but is your Icon hooked up to a air or nitrox cylinder? The tank level will not display without being connected to a pressurized tank. If connected to an air or nitrox cylinder pressurized and it does not show tank level, does it show a pressure (PSI) above the tank level? The first thing I would do is update your firmware. You should be on version 4.2.2. If that does not help, then check the battery level for the transmitter, it may be weak and need a may need a battery change in the transmitter. Again this check will need connection to cylinder pressurized.

New in this forum ... I do own a Mares Icon HD Net black build 2014 version 4.1 ... I had to replace the computer battery and also replaced the transmitter. Now I cannot make the tank level to show... It resinc after a 2nd try but it did not show the tank level ... Shows 80 CUFT... Any suggestions?

Goldzila… I know this is will be viewed as a smart ass question but is your Icon transmitter hooked up to a air or nitrox cylinder? The tank level will not display without the transmitter being connected to a pressurized (valve open) tank. If connected to an air or nitrox cylinder pressurized and it does not show tank level, does it show a pressure (PSI) above the tank level? The first thing I would do is update your firmware. You should be on version 4.2.2. If that does not help, then check the battery level for the transmitter, it may be weak and need a battery change in the transmitter. You can check this by cycling through the icon on the dive display until you find G1 Batty. (lower right hand side and the third button from the left) Again this check will need connection to cylinder pressurized.

Last edited:
Wouldn't change anything except - get rid of the colored tank and make the psi number as large as it is on the Quad Air. You could color the numbers but the color isn't enough information.

If you look at teh computer just before you get to a color change you might think you have more air than you think. Example, tank green when you glance and 3 seconds later it turns yellow. With the numbers so small the tank picture is taking up too much valuable screen space.

I LOVE the tank color codes, especially since you can program them to represent any pressure you wish! I can read the numbers just fine, but the color is a great stand out feature.

I LOVE the tank color codes, especially since you can program them to represent any pressure you wish! I can read the numbers just fine, but the color is a great stand out feature.

So you can read the numbers just fine - good for you. I can't. Even with prescription lenses in my mask. I have to squint. The color has an extremely low information content compared to the actual psi value. The color could be the same with only the numbers being colored. The tank graphic takes up way too much real estate for so little actual information. It's a waste of space. Another option would be a small colored circle.

I was almost ready to sell off my Icon and get a Quad Air because of the display till I carefully read the QA manual and realized they were using the ancient octal numeric display method and not a graphic interface. The data display is great but the non graphic interface makes the menu system seriously clunky.

I'll keep the Icon but wish they would do one more firmware update and either get rid of the tank graphic or make it much smaller with the numeric psi value much larger.

That's why there are all kinds of different models with different features.

Kharon,

If your still in the market for a computer, consider the Scuba Pro G2 (heresy on a Mares thread I know) but it may be what your looking for in a display and still has all the color warnings. It is on sale now at around 1.1-1.2K with transmitter and heart monitor. This is my second choice behind the ICON.

g2_left_lightscreen_blue_w_out_warnings_imp_lr_clip.jpg

Kharon,

If your still in the market for a computer, consider the Scuba Pro G2 (heresy on a Mares thread I know) but it may be what your looking for in a display and still has all the color warnings. It is on sale now at around 1.1-1.2K with transmitter and heart monitor. This is my second choice behind the ICON.

View attachment 478827

No point in spending over a thousand when my Icon is working perfectly and I wouldn't be gaining anything. I actually looked at the manual for the G2 and all the other AI color computers. I like the G2 data display but there was something about it that didn't rock my boat.

No tank icon...

$1.1 to 1.2 K is a hell of a lot of money to get rd of the tank graphic. I've got better ways to spend my money.

You certainly do like to argue - have to have the last word. ==> Ignore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom