Dive computer not working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Namor13

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody,

On 19 May 2018 I purchased an i300C. I followed the directions and after some trial and tribulations I was able to get the software loaded and running on my computer. I could not get the bluetooth to work. So I ordered the cable, after all maybe the BT pproblem was me. I full expected to plug in the cable connect the dive computer and have all my 3 dives for me to see. That did not happen. I finally went to the dive shop. The person that does this type of stuf for the shop got the watch to BT but we could not download the dives from the watch. I am using a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo G-50 64 bit. Interesting thing that when the Divelog program asks which Dive Computer I have the i300C is not in the menu. I have been back and forth with Aqua Lung. They have stopped trying to help. So I am wondering if any of you have had a similar situation and how you over came it. Also, my Windows watch will not download the app for Divelog. I am thinking of buying an Android phone. Oh I have an Android tablet. Will it run that software.

Thank you

This is just a rough shot in the dark but are you sure you have the most recent software? I recently downloaded the file for my i300 and it's dated 6/10/2018. I have not yet installed it so I can't say if it includes the i300C or not. Just a thought.

I did a swap for my i300 while in Hawai'i and when I got it home to California I discovered that it was stuck at 6 feet of depth and was still counting my dive time. I found several posts online by people who had the same problem. The computer was replaced under warranty so now I have a brand new i300 but don't know if they fixed the bug. Perhaps the i300C also has a bug or two. Do your BlueTooth devices recognize the computer?

Hi. I bought my i300c in May and found that altho the Bluetooth can be selected to ON and it then shows BT PAIRED, when i then try to sync on the app, it just stays scanning devices. When i go back to the i300c and step back into bluetooth, it says OFF! I almost got to the point of pulling my hair out. The following days i repeated the above and it all worked ok and uploaded my previous days dives. 2 weeks later and 2 more dives to add and guesd what? I've already contacted Aqualung UK to complain the first time round and will now send it back under warranty. One of the main reasons i chose this DC was that it had BT. It seems to be unstable. That's no use to me.

I found that sequence mattered with mine, connecting to Android phone. I cycle the phone Bluetooth off and on, get the computer to Bluetooth on, then connect using the software.

I'm vaguely remembering that the device shows up initially based on the serial number, not the name. That might help.

I found that sequence mattered with mine, connecting to Android phone. I cycle the phone Bluetooth off and on, get the computer to Bluetooth on, then connect using the software.

I'm vaguely remembering that the device shows up initially based on the serial number, not the name. That might help.
It worked perfectly! I'd put this to Aqualung yet they didn't even suggest this! Thank you

There is a software upgrade that addresses the altitude issue. I had the same issue with mine showing 9 feet while in the Caribbean. I upgraded the software but haven't dove with it yet.

This is just a rough shot in the dark but are you sure you have the most recent software? I recently downloaded the file for my i300 and it's dated 6/10/2018. I have not yet installed it so I can't say if it includes the i300C or not. Just a thought.

I did a swap for my i300 while in Hawai'i and when I got it home to California I discovered that it was stuck at 6 feet of depth and was still counting my dive time. I found several posts online by people who had the same problem. The computer was replaced under warranty so now I have a brand new i300 but don't know if they fixed the bug. Perhaps the i300C also has a bug or two. Do your BlueTooth devices recognize the computer?
I am interested in buying either aqualung i300c or i200c. Does aqualung computers still get stuck after surfacing or aqualung has resolved this issue. Thanks

I am interested in buying either aqualung i300c or i200c. Does aqualung computers still get stuck after surfacing or aqualung has resolved this issue. Thanks
What do you mean "get stuck after surfacing?"

I have an i300c. The only issue I've noticed is the Bluetooth connection will have trouble when the battery life is ending. It's a symptom that shows up a few dives before the battery dies for good.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think it may lock out if you skip decompression stops. The manual will tell you for sure.

What do you mean "get stuck after surfacing?"

I have an i300c. The only issue I've noticed is the Bluetooth connection will have trouble when the battery life is ending. It's a symptom that shows up a few dives before the battery dies for good.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think it may lock out if you skip decompression stops. The manual will tell you for sure.
Many people say that even after surfacing the computer thinks that we are some feet underwater and it keeps on counting the dive time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom