Seeking recommendations for Kuching, Sarawak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyingDiver75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Kuching this month for a conference. I've been doing online research on the available dive operations that go to the nearby WWII wrecks - but any Scubaboard advice would be welcome!

Thanks!

You can get in contact with Ernest at Premier Marine & Scuba Centre (Facebook them), they do dives to WW2 wrecks quite often. Dove with them before, nice person.
As for others, I've heard of Aquabase Scuba Centre, but it's a one (wo)man operation, and not sure if they do dives to wrecks. Another one is Kuching Scuba Centre, but I think they seldom have trips to dive sites around Kuching (at least I never seem to able to participate in one)

Thanks. I emailed Ernest and hopefully we can put a trip together.

You can get in contact with Ernest at Premier Marine & Scuba Centre (Facebook them), they do dives to WW2 wrecks quite often. Dove with them before, nice person.
As for others, I've heard of Aquabase Scuba Centre, but it's a one (wo)man operation, and not sure if they do dives to wrecks. Another one is Kuching Scuba Centre, but I think they seldom have trips to dive sites around Kuching (at least I never seem to able to participate in one)

Did you manage to dive the wrecks off Kuching? I just came back from Kuching. Dive with Ernest over the weekend. Great experience. Really enjoyed the trip.

Did you manage to dive the wrecks off Kuching? I just came back from Kuching. Dive with Ernest over the weekend. Great experience. Really enjoyed the trip.
We didn't due to weather which was real disappointment for me. Did you get to the wrecks? How were they?

We didn't due to weather which was real disappointment for me. Did you get to the wrecks? How were they?
yeah... was told by Ernest he cancelled quite a number of dives due to weather.... I was lucky that it was sunny throughout both my dive days. Sea was very choppy on my first dive though.... after that it was great....

did 4 dives at 2 japanese ww2 wrecks there..... this was my first historic wreck dive. really enjoyed it and Ernest was great in explaining the history behind it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom