Maybe hanging the fins up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before you stop, you should try a tourist dive trip in warm water with a single 80 tank. It is so different than cold water diving and heavy steel tanks and tons of lead. May give you entirely different perspective on the sport.
@Marie13,

You've approached diving with so much enthusiasm and energy, which has been refreshing to see. I do hope that you do find a way to keep enjoying the underwater world. I think John has a great idea. As far as diving at home, maybe limit it to one dive per day so you keep enjoying it and are not physically overtaxed. That's what I hope for you at the minimum.

Wow, girlfriend, why does it have to be all or nothing for you? Why can't you take a little breather and let your body heal? You don't have to take your ball and go home yet. Just take a little break from the game.

(Personal portion deleted)

Last edited:
On the other hand, you should probably just do what you want to do and ignore the opinions, projections, and, well-intended "solutions" of others.

Divad, is quite right. If Marie wants to give it up, she should give it up. Joneill, is also right. It's very curious as to why Marie would post what she has, if she isn't looking for encouragement.

I'm seriously considering deleting my previous post.

Last edited:
Hang in there. A warm water dive trip would be nice change of pace.

@Marie13. Give up diving if that is really what you want to do. But I am an old guy with a pretty good read on people, and after reading your many posts since you joined, I do not get the sense you are a quitter. If you were, you would have been gone shortly after some of the responses you got to your early posts. You hung in there, and have made considerable contributions to the board. As a point of reference, I am 72, with four, soon to be five, major replacement joints, and while I can't do everything in diving as easily or well as I could at one time, I take pride in knowing I can still dive, something most people will never do. As others have said, cut back if desired, rest up as needed, and then come back and kick ass.

Perhaps this will help you understand, especially the people pushing for a warm water trip.

I've always despised summer. I hate heat and humidity. I barely tolerate it now because it's meant diving. I'm a freak, because I love winter and the colder the better. 43F water diving wet was a bit chilly because I didn't have my hooded vest under my 7mm, but that was it. For me to deliberately spend money to go dive somewhere with a warm climate and warm water is what I would consider stupid, foolish, and a waste. I got into diving to dive the Great Lakes. Someone gave me a book on Great Lakes wrecks when I lived in Alpena, MI in 1991 - count that, 27 years ago - and it's been a passion ever since. If I can't dive Great Lakes wrecks for whatever reason, there is absolutely no reason to dive. Period.

The vast majority of you folks here want pretty fishies and coral. To be very blunt, which is my specialty, I don't give a flying fig about pretty fishies, coral, or other marine life. I don't care what happens in the ocean. You can have at it. I don't want it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom