Suggests please, Sun Sabor Hotel not to wifes linking :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not really a dive question but my wife and I stayed in Cozumel for the first time to dive last month at the Sun Sabor Hotel and my wife will not go back there. Yes divers aren’t supposed to be picky I know but what can a man do, just wasn’t nice enough for her. Does anyone know of some nicer hotels there that won’t break the bank??

Thanks,

Marty

I only have limited experience. I can recommend El Cantil, but it's not AI. Pretty much condos or the water, near town, decent pool... I liked it, but I'm not an AI person.

Can you tell me what your wife disliked (more than just "everything")?

Not really a dive question but my wife and I stayed in Cozumel for the first time to dive last month at the Sun Sabor Hotel and my wife will not go back there. Yes divers aren’t supposed to be picky I know but what can a man do, just wasn’t nice enough for her. Does anyone know of some nicer hotels there that won’t break the bank??

Thanks,

Marty

Never stayed at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel but the pictures look kinda nice! Also would like to know what exactly she didn't like about the place?

If it's first world posh you want, I'd look at El Presidente, Cozumel Palace, Explorean. Will these break the bank? Depends how big your account is!

If I was going to go the All Inclusive route in Cozumel and wanted a higher end experience, I would strongly consider Cozumel Palace. It is definitely one of the nicest places on the island and it is close to downtown, which is a bonus, in my opinion. You can do a Google search and often find special deals and offers and credits to reduce the cost for Coz Palace. I have some friends who swear by staying there. Best All-inclusive Family Vacations in Cozumel | Cozumel Palace®

South of town here's Secrets Aura Cozumel, it's adults only and the most expensive. Next are the Fiesta Americana Cozumel (beach is across the road but has the best food reviews) Ibersostar Cozumel, and Occidental Cozumel (owned by Barcelo). Then the Allegro Cozumel that's on the same level as the Sunscape Sabor. North of town there's the Grand Park Royal but again the beach is across the road. There is no beach at the Cozumel Palace and it is the most expensive hotel.
My non diving wife and I have been to the Iberostar and are looking to return.

Park Royal is actually south of town. Roughly 2.5 miles south of the main square.

I highly recommend the Cozumel Palace. I promise... if your wife can be pleased by nice accommodations, you will be her hero.

I’ve stayed at Sunscape Sabor and found it was a nice place. What I didn’t like was the distance from everything so you had to rent a car if you were leaving the resort. Also while they said they had food for people with medically imposed dietary restrictions, there wasn’t much to select from. Also they sent my luggage to the airport without me. I made enough fuss that they had someone track it down and wait until I arrived. Nice stay otherwise but I won’t be a repeat guest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom