DiveSeekers merging with Scubadelphia, Hillsborough NJ location closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diveseekers.com did not close - it was aquired so no disruption of service there - just new owners. The brick and mortar store is closing and that creates a big void in the area.

I met Dave and Melissa of Scubadelphia on a liveaboard--great people whom I'd gladly dive with. I wish them the best with their new venture. Sorry to those who lost a local dive shop.

That's not exactly true. I had been getting cells for my revo through them. It is time to get another. The web site is now stripped of all revo stuff. The only thing left are the Analytical Industries cells. No more spare parts. I was ordering up a few spares with each oxygen cell. They were the best online deal. Now it is time to start my shopping all over again.

That’s actually where I’ve been ordering all my rEvo parts as Ocean Edge seemed to take forever to ship. My guess is DiveSeekers walked across the hall to Ocean Edge and grabbed the parts before shipping. I actually just switched to AI cells on my rEvo (the SubGravity AI rEvo ones) because it was hit or miss with the rEvo cells being in stock. I only have a few dives on the new cell but so far so good. It might have a slightly slower reaction time but I’m diving a manual unit so I’m not really concerned.

Hello Everyone Justin here.
While loosing a shop always sucks were trying hard to make it as easy as possible to keep serving our customers that are not local to the new location.
We will be adding more availability of ship in/out for service.
You will still be able to talk to me. <-- Best part if I don't say so myself.
All the instructional staff is welcome in the move.
The online store will be changing a little as well. We will be offering more products and some other surprises that I can't tell you about yet.

Separate Business

They will still be teaching.

Thanks.
We will be posting a warning in the next few days on the checkout page that there may be delays on shipping just because inventory will be spread between 2 locations until the massive pack-move-unpack is complete.

Thanks for understanding.

View attachment 464844

Where will they be teaching?

That’s actually where I’ve been ordering all my rEvo parts as Ocean Edge seemed to take forever to ship. My guess is DiveSeekers walked across the hall to Ocean Edge and grabbed the parts before shipping. I actually just switched to AI cells on my rEvo (the SubGravity AI rEvo ones) because it was hit or miss with the rEvo cells being in stock. I only have a few dives on the new cell but so far so good. It might have a slightly slower reaction time but I’m diving a manual unit so I’m not really concerned.
I had done all the research in the past, found what I wanted and what they sold and shipped for. I thought I was done researching this stuff. So back to shopping. AI is west coast (southern California I recall), SubGravity is west coast as well, and so am I. So at least this stuff won't be shipping all across the country. And SubGravity has the killer deal on sorb shipping right now as well. Next week I'll make up my mind on what to do. First of July is my next rotation date. Guess I could put in an AI cell and see how it reacts.

This stuff you just don't find in the local dive shop (and if you did I would be scared of how old it was). You have to find a high volume retailer so you are getting them fresh.

Hey everyone,

We hope to continue the legacy of Diveseekers and The Scuba Connection as we expand our business. Diveseekers.com is still your goto site for gear at the best prices from a local dive shop. We can sell and service almost all brands, teach courses from beginner through professional and all technical classes and specialties in between and continue to be your favorite LDS in the NJ and PA area. We will work with pools local to the Hillsborough area but most classes will be based in the Philadelphia area, Dutch Springs and of course you can get certified on any of our trips which are still being organized by Sydney. The Diveseekers and Scubadelphia training department is one of the best in the business so if you need to train in our Philly pool it is available to you and our staff. Please don't hesitate to contact Justin, Melissa or Dave and we can answer all of your questions. We will be ironing out some details and schedules over the next couple of weeks but classes are in full swing.

Please contact dave@scubadelphia.com or call 267-343-5590 with any questions. We will honor any classes you purchased at Diveseekers. Wayne and Jason are still your Revo and JJ guys so contact us or them directly.

On a side note we are celebrating this merger at Dutch Springs this weekend. We have discounted passes, gear demos, a huge BBQ and some raffles. Stop by and say hi or email Dave for the passes.

Thanks for reading this! -Dave

Last edited:
I had done all the research in the past, found what I wanted and what they sold and shipped for. I thought I was done researching this stuff. So back to shopping. AI is west coast (southern California I recall), SubGravity is west coast as well, and so am I. So at least this stuff won't be shipping all across the country. And SubGravity has the killer deal on sorb shipping right now as well. Next week I'll make up my mind on what to do. First of July is my next rotation date. Guess I could put in an AI cell and see how it reacts.

This stuff you just don't find in the local dive shop (and if you did I would be scared of how old it was). You have to find a high volume retailer so you are getting them fresh.

I talked to the folks at SG and they explained the difference between the standard AI cells and the AI rEvo cells. Basically it’s the same cell but they pick out the ones with the higher mv to match the rEvo specs and brand those as the rEvo cells. The one possible downside is the AI rEvo cells aren’t in stock as they get the fresh from the factory. This does create a bit of a lag time (under a week) but I’m happy with that as I got a factory fresh cell.

Some NJ scuba stores that have shuttered in the past years.

Hunterdon SCUBA...ding

Treasure Cove Divers...ding

SCUBA connection....ding

Hoboken Dive Center...ding

Whitehouse Aquatics...ding

Diveseekers...ding

Regency Dive Center...ding

I'm sure there are more. Most have claimed that they will "continue teaching and travel". Poppycock.

At this rate dive shops will be so scarce divers will need to drive at least an hour and pay $100 for a tank fill and $300 for regulator service.

Regulator service by mail is the future. Having everything under the sun delivered to your home by Amazon or whoever is how some people live today.

At this rate dive shops will be so scarce divers will need to drive at least an hour and pay $100 for a tank fill and $300 for regulator service.

And we probably will deserve it.
Or, we'll all buy our own compressors. And regulator service is already $300 in many shops, if you have 3 stages, and a battery changed.

Hey everyone,

We hope to continue the legacy of Diveseekers and The Scuba Connection as we expand our business. Diveseekers.com is still your goto site for gear at the best prices from a local dive shop. We can sell and service almost all brands, teach courses from beginner through professional and all technical classes and specialties in between and continue to be your favorite LDS in the NJ and PA area. We will work with pools local to the Hillsborough area but most classes will be based in the Philadelphia area, Dutch Springs and of course you can get certified on any of our trips which are still being organized by Sydney. The Diveseekers and Scubadelphia training department is one of the best in the business so if you need to train in our Philly pool it is available to you and our staff. Please don't hesitate to contact Justin, Melissa or Dave and we can answer all of your questions. We will be ironing out some details and schedules over the next couple of weeks but classes are in full swing.

Please contact dave@scubadelphia.com or call 267-343-5590 with any questions. We will honor any classes you purchased at Diveseekers. Wayne and Jason are still your Revo and JJ guys so contact us or them directly.

On a side note we are celebrating this merger at Dutch Springs this weekend. We have discounted passes, gear demos, a huge BBQ and some raffles. Stop by and say hi or email Dave for the passes.

Thanks for reading this! -Dave
Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom