Galileo Sol Change Owner, Emergency Info And Delete Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didier

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
Just bought a second hand Galileo Sol from 2008 and i want to change the owner and emergency info on it and also delete the logs of the previous diver
Is there a way to do this ?
Thxs

Reactions: Jax
Welcome to the data miners! I love my SOL!!!!!

Forget deleting the logs. Sorry. It's a Swiss thing. But you can renumber so your 1st dive matches your logbook dive count in the software.

- how to do it:

First: You need an IrDA dongle for your computer. Please tell me you are not running Windows 10 . . . that's an issue.

Second: Go Here: SCUBAPRO - SmartTRAK

. . . download SmartTRAK 2.0801 and install it.

Make sure everything is working, get into the software, fire up the Sol, and put the IrDA window (center, bottom from screen) a few inches from the dongle. I am on a laptop, so I drape the computer on the arm of the chair and it hangs about an inch or two from the dongle. Windows software will make a sound and show a cute icon in the System Tray.

In the SmartTrack is a picture of the Sol face. Click that, and the Sol configuration tabs pop up. At the end of the tabs is the personalization tab. Cruise through them all; the Sol has neat functions.

Don't forget to UPLOAD the settings back to the dive computer - upper left corner, the arrow points up.

Hi
Thanks but I have worse than Windows 10 I have El Capitan on Mac :surrender:
Is it the same program or do i have to 'purchase' another one ?

By the way if you do a 'factory reset' wouldn't it erase the logs ??? :whacky:
Thanks in forehand for your precious help
Didier

Reactions: Jax
Smarttrak is up to Windows 8.0 so maybe it would run under Parallels on your Mac.

I don't know if the Irda support would be there though.

Not sure if it's still the same but it used to be that dealers had better s/w than users - some liked to clear their rental fleet after every use to keep from confusing a new user. Or if Scubapro is one of them.

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks but I have worse than Windows 10 I have El Capitan on Mac :surrender:
Is it the same program or do i have to 'purchase' another one ?

By the way if you do a 'factory reset' wouldn't it erase the logs ??? :whacky:
Thanks in forehand for your precious help
Didier

:lolabove: I'm so sorry. :D

For MAC: http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/logtrak.aspx

Factory reset sets all the Sol's settings to factory, but does not delete nor change the logs.

If you delete dives in the Smart- or Log-TRAK software, all it does is mark the dives as "don't show".

It is only after the memory gets full that the oldest dives start falling off.

As for deleting dives, from the SmartTRAK manual:

2.2.3 Delete Dive
Use Dives/Delete to delete dive(s) from the logbook. To delete several dives, you must first
select them. If you have not selected dives, only the dive shown is deleted.
Choose Dives/Delete or choose Delete from the keyboard to delete the dives. Next, in the
confirmation window you have to choose Yes.
Note! You cannot undo a delete. If the dive is still in your dive computer then you can download
the dive again,
else the information is lost.

So, it does not delete from the Sol, but just from the database.

Thanks to all of you will revert in case of SUCCESS :lock: or FAILURE :nono:
In any case just for info, i wrote to Scubapro and told me that logs can't be deleted :whacky:

Can anyone advise how I can delete the owner's and emergency info using a Mac. the SmartTRAK doesnt seem to work.

Can anyone advise how I can delete the owner's and emergency info using a Mac. the SmartTRAK doesnt seem to work.

Connect Galileo through IrDA with SmartTRAK. In Options choose Dive Computer Settings and let program read computer. Then choose last tab that writes Personalization. There is Owner Information and Emergency Information. Write whatever you want and in the end at the top of this window there is two icons of a PC with arrows. Choose the RIGHT so the infos will be transferred to Galileo. That’s it.

Dive Log and the IR dongle if using a Mac. The dongle MUST be from an approved vendor. Just any off the shelf IR dongle may not work. Thew Scubapro one or one with the same specs will work.

Back
Top Bottom