Bolt vs Journey BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking to purchase a new economically priced BCD. My 15 yr old scuba prob is falling apart. At first I was looking at the Journey Elite on diversdirect but I couldn't find any info on the BC on the mares website? My local shop has the BOLT BC on sale right now for $315 and I liked how it felt when I tried it on. The Journey is about $100 cheaper online so I was curious if anyone could provide a comparison because I cant find anyway to compare the two. The look pretty similiar.

-Leighton-

The Bolt, I think, was new last summer. Scuba Diving magazine rated it pretty high as a Best Buy in their back inflate category last July and I had it towards the top of my list when I started looking at BCD options. The Journey Elite has been discontinued by Mares and I have never seen very good reviews of it, with most complaints being that the weight pockets are not very secure. Both have 35-45lbs of lift (depending on size), which is more than you need. One of the downsides of the Bolt, for me, was that at nearly 9 lbs, it is very heavy for travel.

thanks. I found out I will be working in Australia for 6 months and i dive often here in florida so figured it would be a good excuse to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom