Getting a little round in the middle....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well life is catching up with me and I seem to have gotten a little rounder in the middle. I stand about 5'10" and with a waist size of 40". My XL ScubaPro is getting just to tough to zip up now. So any recommendations for someone with an expanding middle. Thanks

I should have also mention I'm needing a 5MM

Last edited:
Well life is catching up with me and I seem to have gotten a little rounder in the middle. I stand about 5'10" and with a waist size of 40". My XL ScubaPro is getting just to tough to zip up now. So any recommendations for someone with an expanding middle. Thanks

Sorry man, not trying to be a dick, but this scene always makes me laugh

your dimensions are very similar to mine. i might even have a few inches on ya, cause even though my pants say 40", the tape measure says something else entirely... :(

that said, an XL 7mm Bare Velocity fits me great.

Waterproof suits seem to be cut a little more generously in the middle. Their sizing chart seems pretty accurate to me.

I'm right around your same size and although it's a little longer than I'd like, I use a NeoSport XSPAN 5mm XXL. Yeah, I really hate that I have to use the next size up, but I'm the only person that knows what size it is. No one else looks and says "Hey look that's an XXL wetsuit." The other thing I really like about NeoSport wetsuits is cost. They're still really decent quality, being made by Henderson, but more budget friendly so you can spend those extra few $$$ on other gear, like better regs or a FFM.

I feel it worth mentioning, though, that it's still a wetsuit and it still sucks and I still despise wearing them. But pretty necessary around these parts.

/QUOTE]

Stop the expansion. The sooner the better. The later, well, you already know.

Last edited:
XXL (or 3xl) in most brands works nicely for my girthy divers, we've got 4 suits in that range and mostly they fit. Bare I hear is more comfortable as it can fit worse and still stretch into the approximately right shape.

I saw a thread about custom wetsuits as well, they aren't that much more money and a well fitting suit is nice.

If your weight changes, you can gladly pass the bigger suit on to another diver. One guy I'm helping with diving is down 45lbs so far and now fits a 3xl suit, almost. Humans come in various shapes. Glad you're diving!

Cameron

The answer to your situation is NOT "getting a larger wetsuit"

Join a gym. Eat healthy. Skip desserts. Omit alcohol.

Nobody lives forever but we can do the best we can.

Huh? Skip desserts and omit alcohol: You might as well be dead. Just buy a bigger wetsuit and continue to enjoy what the world has to offer. Who knows, you might be dead tomorrow despite all dietary/exercise precautions. Just came back from NYC, and was once again reminded how crappy life would be without a couple slices of great Little Italy NY pizza, washed down by an ice cold beer, and topped off with a piece of Junior's cheesecake. Life is good. Moderation--not abstinence!

Back
Top Bottom