Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clara.chan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone!
I've been lurking for a while now, so I thought it'd be best to start posting!

Hubby and I got OW certified in Maui, HI, in March 2018 (with Maui Dreams). We then got our AOW in Cozumel, in May 2018 (with Aldora Divers). Because I'm a teacher, I get the summers off, and am free to travel! I have been diving this past month in Hong Kong (where we are originally from), and also Puerto Galera, Philippines (with Mermaid Resort). So far, 19 dives in and loving it!

It's such an amazing sport!

Anyone else from the Houston area?

First of all welcome to the depths! Seems you've been a busy little bubble head! I'm jealous!

I'm originally from the Houston area (Dickinson/Texas City) and will actually be down there next week for a couple days. Spent most days in Galveston as a young adult (18-20) before I finally moved to the DFW area in '99. Most of my family still lives down there, though. Dad is in League City so I still visit fairly regularly.

Not sure if you've heard about it or considered it but if you want local diving (sort of) check out the Flower Gardens trips that leave out of Freeport every weekend. They run out 115 miles for the weekend and from what I've seen and read offer some pretty decent diving (unguided) to about 100 ft. Haven't done a trip yet, but I'm planning to soon. I'm currently working on certifications (Rescue & Advanced Rescue this weekend) right now so all my additional spending money is going to that.

Anyway, welcome to SB and congrats on finally joining the underwater community! Hope you enjoy your stay!

First of all welcome to the depths! Seems you've been a busy little bubble head! I'm jealous!

I'm originally from the Houston area (Dickinson/Texas City) and will actually be down there next week for a couple days. Spent most days in Galveston as a young adult (18-20) before I finally moved to the DFW area in '99. Most of my family still lives down there, though. Dad is in League City so I still visit fairly regularly.

Not sure if you've heard about it or considered it but if you want local diving (sort of) check out the Flower Gardens trips that leave out of Freeport every weekend. They run out 115 miles for the weekend and from what I've seen and read offer some pretty decent diving (unguided) to about 100 ft. Haven't done a trip yet, but I'm planning to soon. I'm currently working on certifications (Rescue & Advanced Rescue this weekend) right now so all my additional spending money is going to that.

Anyway, welcome to SB and congrats on finally joining the underwater community! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks! Yes, hubby and I are actually planning to do Flower Gardens during this Labor day weekend. However, we'd like to get our Nitrox cert out of the way fist!

Yep. I am from the Houston area. Welcome aboard. Leaving for Cayman Brac in 8 days for 2 weeks. I can think of nothing else!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.......enjoy the underwater world.

Welcome to SB. A great place to hangout during surface intervals. Very friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Welcome to SB!!

Unfortunately local inshore diving is now going to be forever off limits to you. You have been to some amazing places and Lake Travis just isn't going to be able to compete. :)

Welcome to SB!

I live just 20 min drive from Fling Charter dock. Have been diving with them about 6 times in the past 13 years. The last one was 4 weeks ago.

Half of the time the trip to Flower Garden Banks would be cancelled due to weather. So, be prepared for plan B. Hopefully Labor Day weekend will be a good weather for you. I will be diving in Channel Islands, CA during that weekend.

Welcome to SB!!

Unfortunately local inshore diving is now going to be forever off limits to you. You have been to some amazing places and Lake Travis just isn't going to be able to compete. :)
Ive been quite curious about lake diving in TX actually. What’s the visibility? What’s there to see? Depth?:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom