Oceanic and Hollis regulator recall alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pubert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Details in the link at the bottom:

Name of product:
Oceanic and Hollis scuba diving regulators

Hazard:
The scuba diving regulators can restrict airflow at low tank pressures (below 500 psi), posing a drowning hazard to divers.

Remedy:
Repair

Recall date:
June 26, 2018

Units:

About 4,500 (In addition, 330 were sold in Canada)

Huish Outdoors Recalls Scuba Diving Regulators Due to Drowning Hazard

So this says CDX regs, I am wondering if that includes the CDX5?

I service my own regulators and own both CDX5 and DC3 first stages. Does anyone know what the repair details are? I would like to simply inspect and make the repair myself.

More importantly, I have service kits for Hollis. Do any of the service kit parts have a problem?
The bulletin on the Hollis website says the problem part is the "high pressure poppet". Do they mean the high pressure seat?
The website allows you to check by serial number.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From the Hollis website) reference website address: recall.hollis.com/
("Hollis Recall Information – No Limit")

QUALITY ALERT:
HOLLIS DIAPHRAGM-STYLE REGULATORS PURCHASED OR SERVICED BETWEEN OCTOBER 1, 2017 – MAY 25, 2018
There exists a possibility for the Hollis diaphragm style regulators sold or serviced between October 1, 2017 and May 25, 2018 with a new HP Poppet to significantly restrict airflow at low tank pressures (below 500 psi), posing a drowning hazard to consumers. Any regulator with the new HP Poppet must be fitted with the new style.

It is of the utmost importance that if you have a regulator model affected by this quality alert it be serviced and the pin replaced as soon as possible.

While no incidents have occurred, the possibility of an incident does exist. We strongly recommend that consumers take all necessary precautions when dealing with life support equipment.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PRODUCT AFFECTED BY THIS QUALITY ALERT

1. Do not use the affected product(s).
  2. Determine if you have an affected product.
To determine if you have a regulator(s) affected by this quality alert, please follow the 4 STEPS listed below.

Last edited:
More importantly, I have service kits for Hollis. Do any of the service kit parts have a problem?

Service kits sold during the period of October 1 through May 25, 2018 may also be affected, as it's possible the service kit contained the pin that has been recalled. Even if you service your own regulators, you can visit an Oceanic or Hollis dealer to have them inspect the regulator pin to see if its one of the effected by the recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom