Jet Fin Revo fitness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackychan97

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have had a problem about the fitness of my Scubapro Jet Fin Revo (Japanese version). I wear Regular size and Scubapro 5mm delta boot L size. I struggle to take them off when I get back to the boat after each dive. Do you think it will help if I replace the original plastic strap with spring strap? Or I bought the wrong size of the fins? But I think the Grand size is for dry suit boot and may be too big? Please help!

What part are you struggling with? Spring straps are nice, usually easier to grab and manipulate. Might help if you're having problems with the strap itself. But if the boot itself is stuck tight in the foot pocket, changing straps won't help much in getting them off.

If the boots are stuck in there tight maybe a small hole to relieve suction would help if those fins don't have them, but then you can't use them as little buckets anymore. Trying different boots might help, but those boots don't look very bulky to begin with.

Here's a thread on the Revo's - Jet Fin XL vs Jet Fin Revo Grande Someplace in there you might find some hints on the specific sizes.

Just take the boot and fin off as a unit?

Just take the boot and fin off as a unit?
hahaha, this is a good idea and funny. Anyway, I've read other posts that using silicone pump to lubricate the fin pocket a bit can help. Thanks ^^

Spring straps won't help with a boot stuck in the fin. You'll want to wiggle the fin left and right to take it off your boot.
Put your leg in a figure 4 position while on the boat ladder and get wiggling.

It's most likely not suction but the rubber thread on your booties causing the fin to stick. Specifically part that overlaps the side of your bootie.

Jet fins and their "derivatives" can be notorious for gripping onto the overlap siding of your booties thread, especially if you're on the large edge of foot sizing for the fin.
Very important to try new booties on with your fins whenever you swap brand or even models.

hahaha, this is a good idea and funny. Anyway, I've read other posts that using silicone pump to lubricate the fin pocket a bit can help. Thanks ^^

I’m glad you took that as it was intended, just a fun little joke. Then after I sent it I thought, might actually work.. though I agree it probably wouldn’t be the most convenient solution. I wish you all the best and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom