Batangas to Sabang ferry discontinued July 1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There should be one at 06:45 from Mulle to Batangas by a hydrofoil.
All the Roro departs from Balatero and NOT from Mulle.

Last edited:
I can confirm the suspension of all banca except private. Need to get up early to catch the hydrofoil and it would be packed!!!
What is the alternative?
1. Coming from Batangas: Fast craft(more frequent) to Calapan and then by jeepney(probably not running in the evening). Roro to Balatero and then trike or jeepney.
2. Coming from PG/Sabang: Stay sober the night before and get up very early!!!!!!

I wonder if this has anything to do with Mayor Rocky whose families run F&S ferry and MSL?????

SuperCat by 2GO Travel
Numerous connections everyday. The only issue is the journey between Calapan and Sabang. There might not be any public transport in late afternoon.

The cancellation of the banca boat is really problematic for tourists.
I really cannot see this "policy" applies to the whole country!!!!!

I just came back from Puerto Galera. Was able to take a Banca from Sabang to Batangas on June 27. I can’t speak for July. I can also say that Muelle to Sabang tricycle transfers are very very common and you will not have a problem getting a transfer in Muelle. So fear not! You’ll get to Sabang either way!

I just came back from Puerto Galera. Was able to take a Banca from Sabang to Batangas on June 27. I can’t speak for July. I can also say that Muelle to Sabang tricycle transfers are very very common and you will not have a problem getting a transfer in Muelle. So fear not! You’ll get to Sabang either way!
Sound very simple!!
You probably do not have a clue that Puerto Galera covers a very large extended area, all the way to White Beach and may be beyond(?)! BTW, Mulle cannot handle Roro, it is the port of Balatero that they used. And Balatero is on the Western side and further away from Mulle.
Tourists will find a way to Sabang no matter what as long as they can afford the time and the extra cost. But it is the locals who now found themselves paying extra for the transport because of the wimpish decision from the authority. The poor soul of Boracay first and now it is the turn of Sabang.

Getting there is half the fun!!!!! But it won't be funny if you find yourselves stranded on either side.

Could anyone tell me if the banning of using banca for public transport extended to the whole country?

Last edited:
Sound very simple!!
You probably do not have a clue that Puerto Galera covers a very large extended area, all the way to White Beach and may be beyond(?)! BTW, Mulle cannot handle Roro, it is the port of Balatero that they used. And Balatero is on the Western side and further away from Mulle.
Tourists will find a way to Sabang no matter what as long as they can afford the time and the extra cost. But it is the locals who now found themselves paying extra for the transport because of the wimpish decision from the authority. The poor soul of Boracay first and now it is the turn of Sabang.

Getting there is half the fun!!!!! But it won't be funny if you find yourselves stranded on either side.

Could anyone tell me if the banning of using banca for public transport extended to the whole country?

Totally correct!

I cannot confirm the scope of the public ferry banca banning, but....

I think you are totally correct regarding the locals being impacted the most. I compare this to the Jeppney Modernization program..... sounds good on paper, but not so great in reality, plus the unforseen unintended consequences add up quickly.... it's a shame.

Schedules – FASTCAT
Another option other than 2 go.
The last jeepney from Calapan to Mulle is 17:00. So anyone thinking to detour to Calapan then make sure the ferry arrives on time for the last jeepney otherwise it will be expensive to charter one.

I won't be all all surprised that some entrepreneur will arrange trips using "private boat" but it won't be a paltry P230.00. So again the local have to pay over the odd.

This is the schedule of Genesis fastcraft(hydrofoil) from Batangas to Mulle:
08:00, 12:15 and 17:20.
The boat is ancient and obsolete.

If you are staying in any resort or using any dive operator please confirm the schedule because I do not responsible if you got stranded.

Good luck.

I have received updated info. (below) from the Airbnb owner where I will be staying. I am pretty confident what he told me is accurate but I wont know until I get there Friday. I will post an update with my experience etc. The long and short what he told me is the service is from Batangas to Muelle at a cost of 300 pesos trip time is 45 mins..I guess these new boats are just a bit faster. From Muelle I will see what shuttle is available over to Sabang..in March Father&Son had a small van that took us to Sabang from Muelle so maybe it will be the same this week or a trike/jeepney to Sabang.

"2 fast boats going to Muelle (PG) ... Genesis 4 trips a day and Raptor ... Raptor says starting July 5, 45 minutes to Muelle, 300 pesos, departures from Batangas at 7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, 7:00"

1. F&S only provide FREE shuttle when their boats could not dock at Sabang because of low tide or whatever.
2. Interesting to know where is the "Raptor" comes from in such a short notice!

Looking forward to your update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom